What's new

Breakfast Taco's

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Anyone like breakfast taco's? You know the one's that have egg, chorizo, bacon, cheese, potatoes, refried beans, fresh salsa, sausage or maybe smoked ham. Flour or corn tortilla's, it makes no difference I'll eat either one.

What do you like on your's?

...don't forget the guac.

$IMG_0407.jpg

With corn tortillas I like 'papas con huevo' (eggs and potatoes), but more often than not have 'huevos con weenie' (egg/weenie omelette) lol.

My absolute favorite is huevos con chorizo!

I often make them for a quick weekday breakfast.

It's usually egg, ham, cheese, salsa and hot sauce on a lightly grilled flour tortilla.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do scrambled egg with onion and cheese. Depending what we have in the house, chorizo will be included in the egg, or bacon will be added as I build the taco. Big O's goes quite well with them.

I'll be right over!

I make breakfast tacos or burritos a lot on our BSA camping trips. Easy to cook and clean up. Usually scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, cheese, salsa. I also make a mean heuvos rancheros with a green chile sauce and pintos.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Looks great, Aaron!

Breakfast tacos are one of my go-to morning meals. I used to do mine up with eggs, cheese, onion, garlic, jalapenos, whatever meat I had left over in the fridge, topped with avocado, hot sauce, sour cream, and some fresh cilantro. Lately, I've been needing to watch my meat and cheese consumption, so I do them the same as I used to do, but I only use chicken (if I even use meat), use less cheese, and I add some refried beans.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Looks great, Aaron!

Breakfast tacos are one of my go-to morning meals. I used to do mine up with eggs, cheese, onion, garlic, jalapenos, whatever meat I had left over in the fridge, topped with avocado, hot sauce, sour cream, and some fresh cilantro. Lately, I've been needing to watch my meat and cheese consumption, so I do them the same as I used to do, but I only use chicken (if I even use meat), use less cheese, and I add some refried beans.

10-4 on that. I found a low cal low carb tortilla...it's not bad just a little like tree bark. Egg whites(including one yolk) with beans topped with fresh salsa and avocado.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This morning I prepared bacon, egg, potato, refried bean, and cheese tacos.
I made the dough last night and rolled out the tortillas this morning.
And of course; homemade salsa!!

I am only 7 miles from the US/Mexico border
Its in my blood!!!

ftfy-Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
South Texas does that to you!

And the beans were refried, not retried. Dang auto spell, check thingy. It doesn't speak Texan

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I don't have breakfast tacos but the one you posted looks great. Is that a bottle of deadly I gave you? That seemed so long ago.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I don't have breakfast tacos but the one you posted looks great. Is that a bottle of deadly I gave you? That seemed so long ago.

Yep, that's the one or was the one. You need to rustle yourself up a breakfast taco. It's a great excuse to use all the ingredients you love including HS. Walt, you don't need an excuse.

Carne guisada, or Barbacoa with cheese, onions, jalapenos. :thumbup1: Great taquiera by the house serving these up, but they have limited hours. Sometimes, when speed and convenience are necessary, I'll grab a brisket, egg, and jalapeno from Bill Miller's (You Texas guys know).

Top Bottom