What's new

Break out issue

Hey everybody,

Recently I've come upon a problem I haven't had since I was in high school, I'm 29 now. Over the past few weeks I've started breaking out more on my shoulders, upper back/shoulder blade area, and the center of my chest(which is where I have the majority of my manly chest hair). I haven't changed anything in routine which is what boggles me. Still wash the sheets every two weeks, I put on a different t-shirt before bed. I'm still using the same soap(old spice swagger). I just don't get it. Could the season change have done this? I live in Indiana, which is well known for it's weather changes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Soap changes, body ointment, etc.

Thanks!
Adam

Well I was thinking that, but I figured I would go the less expensive route and try a different soap or something. Guess it's to the doctor I go.

I'd give some tea tree oil a try. Get some pure tea tree oil and dilute it with water in a spray bottle. TTO is a great, and natural, way to kill bacteria on your face and body. I swear by this stuff for skin care.

Very interesting. I use to to have some TTO products that I would use back in the day. Also no nothing changed with detergent or anything. I started using a face scrub from Nivea on my shoulders and chest and it seems to be doing a good job of controlling the breakout.

Neutrogena and several other companies make an anti-acne body wash with salicylic acid as an active ingredient. Maybe pick up one of those and see if it helps after several weeks of use. In my experience a trip to the dermatologist for even minor acne issues leads to a prescription for hundreds of dollars in pills and/or topical creams that never really work.

Top Bottom