What's new

Break-in synthetic brushes?

Synthetics are just as bad in 6 months or a year as they were from day one, you can tell I don't like syntetics lol
but being serious, thhey don't change over time, they are not natural fibers, and don't behave like natural fibers.

Sounds like an issue of backbone. My Yaqi synth is very soft but I'm not a big fan of it because I like more splay than what it offers. Eventually I want to try a synth with more splay, someone recommended a Razorock.

I bought a Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo. Very soft. I just got it this week so I can't comment yet on the splay. I like it more than the Razorock Big Bruce - which I find too scritchy & floppy.

Synthetics do change a bit over time. Obviously the tips don't split and they don't benefit from soaking but the knots can open up a bit with use. Most noticeable for me has been the Chubby 1 and Chubby 2 synths. They open up nicely after ten or more uses. Most I have tried did, just some not so much.
yes my syn brushes also opens op alot

If it's a really stiff brush like the Chubby Synthie it's gonna loosen up a bit. It's like with synthetic toothbrushes that feel stiffer and harsher initially.

Top Bottom