What's new

Bread -

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Ask me about a fluffernutter”. Ask @Owen Bawn what fluffernutter is. He will answer.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I’m still baking weekly sourdough boules. Going to go back to using some bread flour as I liked the result. Just trying to use up some unbleached AP flour in a 10kg sack. A subtle difference but noticeable and effects the hydration levels. Making bread has become a pleasant routine. Two loaves seem to just last the week.
67844E56-BDCC-4BA8-A4B1-1152BD6C2DC5.jpeg

I am going to try Amish oatmeal bread next baking session. Found a couple of likely recipes on the intercyberweb to choose from. I have a surplus of oatmeal to deal with somehow other than a cereal etc.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have a starter that began probably about fifteen years ago, but it is being neglected of late because of a bird bread I have been baking: whole wheat and AP 2 to 1, with yeast, salt, a drizzle of molasses, and walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds. I slice, toast, and top with avocado, home made harissa, a squeeze of lemon, and a little Maldon salt. That is breakfast about five days a week. The harissa is dried anchos, New Mexico chiles, and arbols, reconstituted with boiling water and processed with olive oil, cider vinegar, salt, coriander, and cumin.
33B1FE23-678B-4C05-A3F6-8C2CD0F8E557.jpeg

OK,....I'm German. People say that we make the best beer (we make some really good beer), but there are better beers in Czech Republic. They say we make the best "wurst" (sausage), we make some good ones, but Hungarian sausages are better. We do make the best firearms,....period,...... the best cars,....period, and the BEST bread!

Some of the breads in this thread that you guys make, ....make me salivate, and they look like they are made in Munich (Bavarian bread is the best in Germany, FYI).

Butter? But of course. If you butter lovers never tried "Plugra", you owe it to yourselves to get some (available in Stater Bros. Albertsons, etc.). There are two kinds,...one comes in gold foil wrapper (unsalted), and one is in silver wrapper (salted). According to the top culinary experts, Plugra is number 2 butter in the world! Le Beurre d'Echire is number one (not available in my area).

Bon Appetit!

Top Bottom