What are your nicknames/aliases?
meatbird (don't ask...)

Where do you live?
Hastings, NY

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Mathematics instructor

What is your favorite shave setup?
I'm still finding my way, but I am enjoying and learning a great deal from both my Supply (my first non-cartridge razor a little over a year ago) and Henson razors atm. Loving all of the soaps (maybe a bit too much). I have a scuttle that I've ended up using when I have more time, my default has become to face lather after loading from the soap container. If I am in a rush, I'll use a cream. Proraso green and red are my morning go-to creams before work. Experimenting with my badger, boar, and horse hair brushes as well as my DE blade sampler pack has me pretty busy. It's still early days on the path, but so far I've encountered happy surprise after another. I can't wait for more.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Hiking and backpacking, travel (before the global pandemic...), and guitar - rock on!

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Our son (the first...and only?) is one month old. Squeezing in wet shaves here and there has been a real way to relax. I celebrated today with a DE shave trying out my new boar brush, Holly Kaw Eroe soap, and balm for the first time.

What is your real name?
Brian

meatbird (don't ask...)

Where do you live?
Hastings, NY

Mathematics instructor

I'm still finding my way, but I am enjoying and learning a great deal from both my Supply (my first non-cartridge razor a little over a year ago) and Henson razors atm. Loving all of the soaps (maybe a bit too much). I have a scuttle that I've ended up using when I have more time, my default has become to face lather after loading from the soap container. If I am in a rush, I'll use a cream. Proraso green and red are my morning go-to creams before work. Experimenting with my badger, boar, and horse hair brushes as well as my DE blade sampler pack has me pretty busy. It's still early days on the path, but so far I've encountered happy surprise after another. I can't wait for more.

Hiking and backpacking, travel (before the global pandemic...), and guitar - rock on!

Our son (the first...and only?) is one month old. Squeezing in wet shaves here and there has been a real way to relax. I celebrated today with a DE shave trying out my new boar brush, Holly Kaw Eroe soap, and balm for the first time.
Didn't want to list as a "hobby or activity", but I highly enjoy craft beer and cooking/cuisine - individually or together!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Didn't want to list as a "hobby or activity", but I highly enjoy craft beer and cooking/cuisine - individually or together!
Come on over to the Speakeasy. Sounds like you’ll fit right in.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What is your real name?
Brian

meatbird (don't ask...)

Where do you live?
Hastings, NY

Mathematics instructor

Enjoy this precious time of little sleep.

I wish I had enjoyed the days of having a portable kid.... The cliche is true: they grow up too fast!

And welcome to B&B my new friend!

Top Bottom