What's new

Brazil's Neymar's 'flopping' KFC Ad. ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Again, since we're in the spirit of the World Cup...(like it or not), I present this 'clip' in the spirit of humor.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"[In the World Cup] Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string". Pele

Last edited:
The flopping and acting in international soccer really is extreme to this NFL/NBA fan’s eyes. It’s like James Harden is on every team in the World Cup.

Oh the laughter...and yes, I even laugh during the games.

With all the discipline and athleticism involved in professional football (soccer), this is the one thing that fails to make sense. After a particulrly ridiculous flop act, between fits of laughter, you will often hear me say:

Get up you panty waist, if it hurts rub some dirt on it and get up.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
As bad as his on-pitch flopping was, the commercial is worse ... laughing about it being flopping and he gets paid for it.

He’s flopping all the way back to Brazil now. Even though I had them in a pool, I was kind of glad to see them go out. Was a great game too.

I grew up watching and playing football, but nowadays I just cannot bring myself to watch these damn cheats getting paid millions to be cheating sods. Put someone like Neymar on a rugby pitch and see how long he lasts.

Ah, international futbal. The only sport with more flops than professional 'wrestling'. I really don't get it either. The players are superb athletes. If you have ever played you realise just how much the cardio aspect comes into it. Conditioning is beyond belief. Nearly non-stop running 45 minutes at a time. And the footwork and coordination is spectacular. No need for the theatrics.

Now rugby on the other hand, here are some guys who get it done. Played in gym class in high school. Essentially full contact like our American football but no helmets or pads. Tough on the body but I loved it.

I grew up watching and playing football, but nowadays I just cannot bring myself to watch these damn cheats getting paid millions to be cheating sods. Put someone like Neymar on a rugby pitch and see how long he lasts.

Rushman, I agree with the sentiment. Rugby players are the toughest s.o.b.'s I have ever seen.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ah, international futbal. The only sport with more flops than professional 'wrestling'. I really don't get it either. The players are superb athletes. If you have ever played you realise just how much the cardio aspect comes into it. Conditioning is beyond belief. Nearly non-stop running 45 minutes at a time. And the footwork and coordination is spectacular. No need for the theatrics.

Now rugby on the other hand, here are some guys who get it done. Played in gym class in high school. Essentially full contact like our American football but no helmets or pads. Tough on the body but I loved it.
Yep. It’s all so senseless. If they cracked down on it, I would watch. The time investment per game is less than the NFL, too

Hard to watch that video. Back in my rugby days, if you were rolling on the pitch like that, it meant you had a broken bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flopping and acting in international soccer really is extreme to this NFL/NBA fan’s eyes. It’s like James Harden is on every team in the World Cup.
To be fair, the NBA is just as bad with players trying to get fouls, as is the NFL. All players try to work the refs to get a call. Neymar is just the extreme.
Also, keep in mind that most soccer players dont flop like Neymar does, its something that is more common in South American countries. I know that when Neymar played in the English Premier League, he was a flopper and the team he played for would scold him all the time for flopping. Theres a reason why Neymar plays for a club team in France instead of England or Germany (and thats because in England and Germany you dont play like that).

Yep. It’s all so senseless. If they cracked down on it, I would watch. The time investment per game is less than the NFL, too
Im still a huge NFL/NCAA football fan but Ive gotten to where Im more into soccer. Partly because of the nonsense with the NFL and partly because the games just havent been very good the past few years. Partly too because I love how soccer is a global game, how the clock never stops and because of the athletic ability that the game takes.
Hey, to each their own and soccer isnt for everyone but the simple fact is that soccer is by far the most popular sport in the world and there are reasons for that.

In the newspaper today it mentioned the Swiss broadcaster at the World Cup had done a tally and Neymar spent 14 minutes doing his fish on dry land dance during the matches he appeared in.

dave

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I consider this behavior cheating. It’s disgraceful. Players should be fined, suspended, exiled, etc. for acting this way.

But I don’t watch sports so whatever.

I don't watch soccer or most commercials, but that was pretty good. It must be popular overseas. I read where the kids trapped in the cave in Thailand want KFC when they get out. I can't remember the last time I had KFC. It hasn't been worth eating since the Colonel sold it.

Top Bottom