What's new

Brave Soldier Code Blue

Can anyone give me some details about this?

I'm wanting to try it, but I'm not sure it's "up to snuff" with the rest of the great products that I have.

For comparison's sake -

My current favorites are:
- CAR Peppermint A/S balm
- Proraso Pre/Post (using it 'Post" :rolleyes: )
- Proraso A/S Balm
- Aloe 80 "extra conditioning"
- Feather green A/S balm

I've never used CAR's a/s so I can't comment on this stuff. However, I've never come across any a/s that can put out razor burn as much as Code Blue. I don't use this stuff often, but I keep a bottle around for those days when my shave is a little too close.

Howard, code blue is a fine product. It is more geared for razor burn. I will occasionally use it when needed. CAR balm is more of a conditioner for daily use. If you rarely suffer from razor burn I would skip altogether. I hope this helps.

It actually does help because I almost never get razor burn. If I do - the Aloe 80 heals it in a jiffy... Thanks for all the good info, guys!

All this talk about code blue.Sounds like something out of a spy movie!!!!

On a more serious note I would be interested in trying some.Could someone let me know where I can purchase a bottle

Alan

Austin said:
Get 10% off using "shavensave".
"I did not know that."

:cool:

thx austin!

and to note: yes, code blue is premium for razor burn without the drying qualities of MiN, Tend Skin, PFB, etc. great for the beginner at DE (like myself).

I have both Code Blue and Tend Skin for irritation problems and burn. I think the Code Blue is OK but not great. Tend Skin, although it stings like hell, is much more effective.

I dont think I'd buy another bottle of Code Blue and I have had mine for about 2 years. Tend SKin is a must for me...although I wish it was not.

Shermdog said:
I have both Code Blue and Tend Skin for irritation problems and burn. I think the Code Blue is OK but not great. Tend Skin, although it stings like hell, is much more effective.

I dont think I'd buy another bottle of Code Blue and I have had mine for about 2 years. Tend SKin is a must for me...although I wish it was not.

agreed. tend skin and the other products i mentioned are more intense. CB I have found to be milder but still seriously effective against razor burn. The other stuff is a better choice for bumps. Fortunately, since switching to a DE, I no longer get razor bumps. The other fortunate thing is that Tend Skin actually burned the skin on my neck just below the shaving area. It took a week at a time to heal. I'm amazed your skin can handle daily use. Hey, whatever works...

I got some samples of Tend Skin. I've only tried it once so I don't know much about its effectiveness but it smells HORID. Worst, the smells stays with you so it's kind of discouraging to use. They should think about giving it a pleasant scent.

atnight said:
agreed. tend skin and the other products i mentioned are more intense. CB I have found to be milder but still seriously effective against razor burn. The other stuff is a better choice for bumps. Fortunately, since switching to a DE, I no longer get razor bumps. The other fortunate thing is that Tend Skin actually burned the skin on my neck just below the shaving area. It took a week at a time to heal. I'm amazed your skin can handle daily use. Hey, whatever works...

Daily use is the only way I benefit from TendSkin. I actually think it helps with the random pimple and breakouts. I try to use a balm or moisturizer over it when it dries. I dont think it smells great either....but thats what balms and EDTs are for. Code Blue makes me feel like I put hair gel on my face....not the best feeling.

I've tried the Code Blue and found that I don't like the texture and the feel on my skin and it made the area around my lip feel numb.

I'd love to try the Hydrolast A/S cream but at $35....just a tad too expensive for me at this point. If anyone has a soft spot and would be willing to part with a small amount please let me know :blushing:

Webro, I have a small sample (sample jar like the ones that Taylors uses for cream samples) of the Code Blue. If you are interested I could send it along at no cost to you.

Patrick

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I was going to start a new thread about this but since we have one, I'll revive it to keep the info at the same place...

I got a sample from Kinetic blue as I always wanted to try this product. I won't be able to review it as 3 shots isn't enough to have a great idea on the thing.

Yes it works well but leave me with a 'sticky' skin. The scent is very very very light. I'm happy that I tried it but it doesn't feel right for me. It must be my skin type.

I’ll recommend Brave Soldier’s Code Blue any day. It really does wonders with razor burns and to some extend ingrown hairs. Normally I pay great attention to the ingredients but since this one is American, the info on the back of the bottle is somewhat sparse compared to European ones; but the prime ingredients are lidocaine for numbing the skin (and the degree of numbness surprises you first time you use it), alcohol, glycerin, salicylic acid and aloe vera.

If you’ve ever tried Ole Henriksen All-purpose Aloe Vera you will also know how Code Blue feels on the skin.

Top Bottom