What's new

Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger..... Anybody like the stuff? If so, how do you enjoy it?

I just tried it for the first time with some crackers, cheese, and mustard and loved it! Then for breakfast I made a fried egg, put a slice of braunschweiger on it, placed sliced avocados on the side and then melted some cheese on top of it all. It was delicious!

Oh, heavens, I haven't eaten it since I was a kid but I used to LOVE it!

I would eat it on a sandwich with cheese slices and mustard, maybe a bit of mayo.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
KJ:
I grew up on Liverwurst & Braunschweiger (in East Lansing, MI),...it's the 'bomb'. Just spread it on plain white bread or toast or on a warm Kaiser roll w/ vidalia onions and spicy mustard! Hmmmm...
438656-7e24dc4a972e15eedf380aea80dbdf9c.jpg
!
proxy.php

I always get some when the Mrs. (who can't stand the stuff, but loves 'stink [limburger], cheese), goes grocery shopping. :thumbsup:

137543-373b7af5924b551006861eafd9087185.jpg

proxy.php
"Enjoy every [Braunschweiger] sandwich because a great sandwich is like life...the more you add, the better it becomes". Author Unknown

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I love Braunschweiger! It's been a few years since I've had it though. I put it on a piece of toasted white bread with mayonnaise. As Christopher mentioned, Vidalia onions and mustard are also amazing with it. My favorite braunschweiger is from an old meat market in Saginaw, Michigan called Ted's Meat Market. Koegel braunschweiger is darn good as well.

Love it, as well as liverwurst. Best Liverwurst in the US at a dive bar just outside Deming New Mexico, called the Adobe Deli. Time for a Roadtrip!!!

You would like Raw beef and onions on rye as well maybe KJ

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I love Braunschweiger! It's been a few years since I've had it though. I put it on a piece of toasted white bread with mayonnaise. As Christopher mentioned, Vidalia onions and mustard are also amazing with it. My favorite braunschweiger is from an old meat market in Saginaw, Michigan called Ted's Meat Market. Koegel braunschweiger is darn good as well.
Claudel:
Thanx for the
Shout-out.jpg
, support and for sharing! :thumbsup:

Sandwich Club.jpg
"Too few people understand a really good sandwich [because let’s face it…] America is a confirmed sandwich nation”. James Beard

I usually get the John Morrell. When I can hit a Harris Teeter or Ingles I go with Boars Head, top notch. I'm going to try this spread tonight. If on a sandwich, rye, always toasted with Dukes mayo
0007010001935_500X500.jpg
detail-001_1479915294.jpg
braunsweiger spread.jpg

Yecccchhhh.... you all do know what Braunschweiger is made of???

Yep, figured you do. I bet you probably like head chesse too? (Hurl)

I guess since it's not say 1932, that I'll pass on such "delicacies"

I like it on rye bread, raw onion, and tomato. I like mustard or mayo on mine my wife puts Ketchup on hers.

I haven't had it in years but I used to love it on buttered toast. I'll have to keep an eye out for some. I don't think it's as popular as it used to be.

Well @TheVez2 thanks for creating a craving that led to a trip to the store and thus my dinner for the evening. The boss was not so happy as she does not partake of the "mystery liver meet" , but she found an alternative.

Morell's Braunschweiger, Jewish Rye, Dukes Mayo, Plochman's Mustard a slice of cheddar, plenty of pepper. Some mustard Potato Salad some Tater chips, and an Ice Cold Guinness. Going to take the rest and try Snappy's recipe. Good Stuff

THANKS KJ! YUM!

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well @TheVez2 thanks for creating a craving that led to a trip to the store and thus my dinner for the evening. The boss was not so happy as she does not partake of the "mystery liver meet" , but she found an alternative.

Morell's Braunschweiger, Jewish Rye, Dukes Mayo, Plochman's Mustard a slice of cheddar, plenty of pepper. Some mustard Potato Salad some Tater chips, and an Ice Cold Guinness. Going to take the rest and try Snappy's recipe. Good Stuff

THANKS KJ! YUM!

proxy.php

You didn't make that.

...I really don't care. That's pretty dang good.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Saag's liver pate (Braunschweiger) with pistachios is my favorite here in California.
Mustard, red onions, and Swiss cheese on rye toast. Dill pickle on the side. Boom!

Top Bottom