What's new

Braunschweiger

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Yecccchhhh.... you all do know what Braunschweiger is made of???

Yep, figured you do. I bet you probably like head chesse too? (Hurl)

I guess since it's not say 1932, that I'll pass on such "delicacies"

I worked in China for too many years to ask 'what's it made of?' I just assume it's some sort of protein and eat it!

I grew up having it and liverwurst sandwiches. My mom came from a German immigrant family, she was the first generation in the family line born in the US. I still pick some up once in a while. Nothing complicated, onion slices, spicy mustard, and the wurst on rye or pumpernickel. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The same way I eat liverwurst- slice off a thick chunk, and put it on bread with a little mayo, mustard, and maybe some Swiss cheese. That is some good eating.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Well @TheVez2 thanks for creating a craving that led to a trip to the store and thus my dinner for the evening. The boss was not so happy as she does not partake of the "mystery liver meet" , but she found an alternative.

Morell's Braunschweiger, Jewish Rye, Dukes Mayo, Plochman's Mustard a slice of cheddar, plenty of pepper. Some mustard Potato Salad some Tater chips, and an Ice Cold Guinness. Going to take the rest and try Snappy's recipe. Good Stuff

THANKS KJ! YUM!

proxy.php
Dave:
In one emoji...:drool:!!!

proxy.php
“You can make any meal into a sandwich…and any a sandwich into a meal”. Jeff Mauro

My dad used to eat it all the time when I was a kid ... and I thought it was disgusting.

Years back, on a camping trip, my buddy brought some along, but it was made from a Wisconsin meat shop, Neuske's ... and it was marketed as Liver Pate. I almost refused it, but he encouraged me to try it ... and I loved it.

I don't eat it much, but when I see Neuske's Liver Pate in a store, I'm always tempted to buy it

strop

Now half as wise
Oh, man! Haven't had this stuff in several years. Probably last time my wife was out of town, since she can't stand th the thought of it. My mouth is watering . Prefer rye, but white bread is OK. Spicy mustard, onion, maybe a little mayo. That's Good Eats.

love this stuff too. there's a restaurant near me that serves pumpernickel with cream cheese and braunschweiger

I love Braunschweiger! Head Cheese too! But it's one of those things that you should always spend a bit more for; I only buy it from "SMokehouse of the Catskills" in Saugerties, NY. That place is worth the trip (exit 20 of NY State thruway), go with a cooler and buy your cold cuts for the next week there - all made on premises.
I like it with a good brown mustard on rye

I did stop on the way home from work and picked up the ingredients for the spread. Great on triscuits, or Bauducco
4129s8sKgHL__SY355_.jpg
258.jpg
toast. (thicker melba toast). Also picked up some Capocollo, Boars Head makes the best.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I go to the deli, I just tell them to slice me off "this much" (demonstrating with finger and thumb). About a 4 inch chunk will hold me a few days when I buy it.

I like Liver Sausage and Liver Dumplings...but I hate this stuff! My wife loves it, but won't touch the sausage or dumplings, go figure...

I haven't had this in years, but now I've got to go to the store tomorrow - rye bread, spicy mustard, some raw onions, and braunschwieger - absolute perfection!

Top Bottom