What's new

Braun Series 9 Battery Issue

I've had a Braun Series 9 for about 3 years. As of a few days ago, it has begun to lose an entire full charge after a day, a few hours, or even a few minutes of non use. It will take a full charge and then run for well over 30 minutes. Sometimes I can turn it off and on a few times during a shaving session. ...but sometimes I can't. It will crap out randomly and the battery abruptly goes to zero. This is happening more commonly when it has been off and unused for a day or two - it just doesn't turn on. Once I plug the charger in and fully or partially charge the battery again, it will then usually work. But the problem of the battery suddenly dropping dead is the issue. I've done what was supposed to be a reset and that didn't change anything.

Any guesses what this could be?

Thanks!

At a guess, the battery. :001_tongu Not meaning to be flippant, but Li-Ion batteries have a limited useful life - generally on the order of 3-5 years, but generally on the high side, and sometimes beyond, but the 2 year warranty is illustrative. Depends on how many cycles, storage conditions, charging and use. Li-Ion technology is intolerant of temperature and charging extremes - the worst enemy letting the battery get to zero frequently, or high temperature storage. And sometimes they just go bad. Unfortunately there's no easy battery replacement available for the S9, although I'm sure it's been tried. You might try contacting Braun and see what they say.

Could be several things, but the battery is most likely. What you're describing could be self-discharge or possibly a failure to take a full charge.

Batteries are not too difficult to replace if you can do electronic soldering.

At a guess, the battery. :001_tongu Not meaning to be flippant, but Li-Ion batteries have a limited useful life - generally on the order of 3-5 years, but generally on the high side, and sometimes beyond, but the 2 year warranty is illustrative. Depends on how many cycles, storage conditions, charging and use. Li-Ion technology is intolerant of temperature and charging extremes - the worst enemy letting the battery get to zero frequently, or high temperature storage. And sometimes they just go bad. Unfortunately there's no easy battery replacement available for the S9, although I'm sure it's been tried. You might try contacting Braun and see what they say.
thank pal

Could be several things, but the battery is most likely. What you're describing could be self-discharge or possibly a failure to take a full charge.

Batteries are not too difficult to replace if you can do electronic soldering.
thanks

Top Bottom