What's new

Braun Series 5 Cleaning Station Compatibility

Hi all,

I have a Braun Series 5 bought in December 2019 (without cleaning station); on the back (quite hidden) I can read " PC9008" and "Type 5769"

I have googled "Type 5769" and found that I probably need one of these

It's not the only page that reports something like "Fits Type 5769 Only "

However, I have read somewhere that these only work with shavers originally sold with a cleaning station because the single units don't have the internal chip required. Braun customer service told me the same thing and suggested to buy a new shaver+station, but I wonder if it's just an excuse to make me spend more money.

Does anybody know anymore?

Braun shavers prior to 2020 were sold (and still are) as either "CC" models (Charge and Clean), sold with cleaning stations, or "S" models (Solo or Single), sold without cleaning stations. Even though the "S" models will fit in the Charge and Clean stations, and apparently have connectors (the 2 little silver buttons) on the back (they're dummies), they are missing an internal chip controller to make the station work. If the shaver is an "S" suffix shaver, it won't work with a station. The new Series 5, (and 6 and 7) use the new SmartCare Center, which connects the shaver through the charging port on the bottom of the shaver. Any of the new Series model shavers (except for 3, 8 & 9) will fit in and operate the new SmartCare Center, whether the shaver was sold with one or not (and the SmartCare Center uses the same Clean & Renew cartridges as all of Braun's previous stations).

Last edited:
Top Bottom