What's new

Braun Clean and Renew - How often do you run it?

How often do you use the Clean and Renew

• After every shave

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice a month

• Once a month

• Never

• Total voters
Been using a Braun series 9 for a few months and am torn as to how often to use the Clean and Renew option. Started off doing it after every shave but then got a warning about needing to change out the solution after 4-6 weeks I think. This was despite doing dry shaves, taking the head off and using the brush to get as many hairs as possible off.

I bought cheap make your own Clean and Renew so could continue using it after every shave but just wondered if other do this or run the Clean and Renew once a week, couple times a month, etc.

Been using a Braun series 9 for a few months and am torn as to how often to use the Clean and Renew option. Started off doing it after every shave but then got a warning about needing to change out the solution after 4-6 weeks I think. This was despite doing dry shaves, taking the head off and using the brush to get as many hairs as possible off.

I bought cheap make your own Clean and Renew so could continue using it after every shave but just wondered if other do this or run the Clean and Renew once a week, couple times a month, etc.

Every shave every time for me.

I've owned their series 3, 7, and 9. The series 3 seems to go through the cleaning solution the slowest, the series 9 goes through it super fast (I think it's the fan). I get 5-6 weeks from a cartridge with my series 3 where as I was changing them every 3 weeks with the series 9. The series 7 fell in between. I tried an aftermarket solution and it caused the housing on a prior series 3 to crack. You can buy the cleaning cartridges via Amazon in a pack of 6 and they end up only costing like $4.50 a piece.

I've owned their series 3, 7, and 9. The series 3 seems to go through the cleaning solution the slowest, the series 9 goes through it super fast (I think it's the fan). I get 5-6 weeks from a cartridge with my series 3 where as I was changing them every 3 weeks with the series 9. The series 7 fell in between. I tried an aftermarket solution and it caused the housing on a prior series 3 to crack. You can buy the cleaning cartridges via Amazon in a pack of 6 and they end up only costing like $4.50 a piece.

That's worrisome! Was it the CCRRefills by chance? That's what I just bought and made but have not used yet...

That's worrisome! Was it the CCRRefills by chance? That's what I just bought and made but have not used yet...

I buy and use the Braun factory 'clean & Renee's cartridges. The aftermarket stuff I spoke about you had to mix with alcohol, it was called 'shaved shebang' (not kidding at all).

Same. New Series 7 lasts about a month with daily use. Braun actually does the best cleaning and lubricating job of all the systems in my experience (sanitizing is secondary, but a plus), and worth it to me for a clean shaver even morning.

I buy and use the Braun factory 'clean & Renee's cartridges. The aftermarket stuff I spoke about you had to mix with alcohol, it was called 'shaved shebang' (not kidding at all).

Sorry for the typos, dumb phone lol. I meant 'clean & renew' and 'shaver shebang'

Top Bottom