What's new

Braun 7526 charging dock locking arm does not lock.

I brought my Braun 7526 electric shaver out of retirement. I have to use now because of my leukemia causing swollen lymph nodes in my neck. It’s much easier to use an electric razor to go over the lumps and bumps.

I was testing out the charging station and when I pushed the locking lever into the shaver it wouldn’t lock into place, so the shaver cannot be charged or cleaned using the dock.
From my research, Braun only sells the complete charging station but I read somewhere where the moveable locking arm can also be repaired or replaced. maybe only available as aftermarket?

Thanks

You're welcome! Looks like a complete cleaning base, new or used, costs around $40-50, if you can find one, and you'd still have a shaver well beyond its warranty, needing a new head and due for battery failure (although those can be replaced if you're comfortable with a soldering iron). Probably better off just getting a new Series 3 or 5, with or without cleaning base...

I was amazed the shaver still takes a good charge even after being in storage for several years. I just bought a new cutter and foil so I will see how long this lasts.
I don’t think I’ll fix the charging station. I can just charge it from the wall and I don’t need the cleaning solution either.

Thanks to all for your help!

You bet! It's a great shaver, and I had one that I either gave away or sold years back. Braun probably makes the most comfortable electrics still, and with a new head you should be good for at least another year!

But just how much better can current shavers be? The basic designs are the same.( I think) Perhaps just sharper cutters? Longer battery life?
Even my Braun 7526 shaves fairly close.

Depends on how far back you go, and what you're looking for in a shave. Wet/dry shavers are fairly recent - the ability to shave with shaving soap or cream. Cordless shaving - wet shaving with a cord would be a really bad idea, and self-cleaning shavers are another recent innovation. Battery life has certainly improved, as well as arguably improved foil/comb and blade design. A "better" shave with a modern electric exclusively depends on your individual beard, skin and technique, just as with any blade. What's not really debatable is that electric razors have significantly changed in the last couple of decades as far as electronics, ergonomics, and by report effectiveness, whereas you'd have a hard time telling the difference between your original 1930s Darwin and a new Evo, or really any DE razor.

But just how much better can current shavers be? The basic designs are the same.( I think) Perhaps just sharper cutters? Longer battery life?
Even my Braun 7526 shaves fairly close.

Corded electric shavers have been around since the 1930s. It’s the recharable battery shavers which are fairly new. You can still buy corded shavers from Braun and other manufacturers. They are at the lower priced end of the Braun line, but they work and they’re not very expensive. The Brsun series 1 is corded as well as a Remington rotary.

Top Bottom