What's new

Brass TTO/Butterfly Safety Razor. What Models Should I be Looking At?

Seki Japan Double Edge Butterfly Open Safety Razor, Heavy Duty Bronze Brass Hard Chromium, 3.14inch Long Handle​

https://www.amazon.com/Seki-Japan-Butterfly-Chromium-3-14inch/dp/B08NTYW747/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1F3QC36RQGBR3&keywords=seki+city+razor&qid=1666286560&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjgyIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=seki+city+razor,aps,1007&sr=8-3#
  1. Seki Japan Double Edge Butterfly Open Safety Razor, Heavy Duty Bronze Brass Hard Chromium, 3.14inch Long Handle

$55.73

It is what I was looking for also. I bought one. Japanese Seki City quality craftsmanship. Brand new, no refurb necessary. $56. It us everything that it looks like in the photos.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

Seki Japan Double Edge Butterfly Open Safety Razor, Heavy Duty Bronze Brass Hard Chromium, 3.14inch Long Handle​

https://www.amazon.com/Seki-Japan-Butterfly-Chromium-3-14inch/dp/B08NTYW747/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1F3QC36RQGBR3&keywords=seki+city+razor&qid=1666286560&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIwLjgyIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=seki+city+razor,aps,1007&sr=8-3#
  1. Seki Japan Double Edge Butterfly Open Safety Razor, Heavy Duty Bronze Brass Hard Chromium, 3.14inch Long Handle

$55.73

It is what I was looking for also. I bought one. Japanese Seki City quality craftsmanship. Brand new, no refurb necessary. $56. It us everything that it looks like in the photos.
Interesting. I had never seen that before. I did add it to my Amazon wish list. ;)

$55.73

Kind of reminds me of the Weishi/VdH/MicroTouch razor but with better quality materials

It does. Strangely enough, this is the razor I had in mind. It was on the manufacturer's website. But only the chrome and black version was,available on Amazon at the time, so that's what I ordered.

However, they must have just started sending the other versions to Amazon. My guess is that the warehouse workers were probably not away of the other versions. When I received my razor, it was the bronze brass version that I wanted in the first place.

I think that most of the TTO razors were copied from and resemble the original Gillette Speed Safe.

As I understand it, this razor is more efficient and has more of a blade feel than the Weishi. I have thought it looks like a Weishi myself.

I have a $14 Wilkinson Sword TTO and it is surprising well built and shaves real close, similar to the Seki City.

lasta

Blade Biter
I'm curious. Why buy a modern TTO when there are millions of unemployed Super Speeds out there?

Nickel causes cancer in California.

Metallic nickel and some nickel compounds
are already designated as carcinogenic substances under Proposition 65.

Is that right? I guess California needs to ban these then, just to be safe. 😄😄😄

Jefferson-Nickel-Unc-Obv.jpg

Last edited:
Nickel causes cancer in California.

Metallic nickel and some nickel compounds
are already designated as carcinogenic substances under Proposition 65.
I love the way you put that. Highlights one more reason why so many people are moving away from there.

Top Bottom