What's new

Brand new! Need advice!

Hello everyone,

Is my shaving technique “correct”

So even AFTER I shave it looks like I still have hair left over.

I will take a shower, apply shaving cream for sensitive skin.

Use the fusion 5 blade razor and shave down. Reapply the shaving cream again and shave up (extremely smooth shave) then use either aqua velva (feels great) or Brut aftershave.

I do this 2-3 days.

Any harm in this?

If it works for you, that's good!

Many people here enjoy using double-edge (DE) razors. I switched to using DE razors because cartridge razor refills are relatively expensive. Since I've been using DE razors, my "acne" problem (which was really ingrown hairs in most cases) has virtually disappeared.

When you say 2-3 days, do you mean you shave 2 or 3 days apart? If so, is this because you get skin irritation?

Shave anyway you want. Once up once down and only 2 or 3 days. If it works for you go for it.
There are a kot of videos showing how to shave on the web. Its up to you.

To me it sounds like you are using a cart razor, spreading shave cream on with you hand and doing two passes. If i shaved that way id have to shave 2 or 3 times a day as id never get smooth. ;)

Welcome to B&B.
Use the fusion 5 blade razor and shave down. Reapply the shaving cream again and shave up (extremely smooth shave) then use either aqua velva (feels great) or Brut aftershave.
That would be a two pass shave with the Fusion which should be okay as it works for you. I would think that cartridge will have a very short life so it would work out very expensive.
Have you considered using a double edge razor?

When I use a cartridge razor like the Fusion...
I have found that rubbing glycerine bath soap on my wet face (where I plan to shave), followed by Barbasol for sensitive skin...actually improves the efficiency of the Fusion razor and I definitely get a closer 2 pass shave with less irritation. I typically shave with a cartridge in the shower, when I need a quick shave. The glycerine soap is what I use most of the time in the shower, so it is already there for my shaves. I believe it improves the performance of canned shave cream, exponentially. It sounds like your shave process is working, and I hope this tip can improve it even more.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Newbie123 there is no harm in what you are doing. If you are not happy with your current shaving results, I suggest that you try a razor with more blades. (More must be better.) Dorco put out a six-blade and seven-blade system that are very popular with some modern shavers.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
1668593868598.png

I'm so glad I switched to traditional wet shaving via a DE.

:shaving:

Why does it still look like I have hair even after I shave? I feel so smooth.

Also is this method risky for ingrown hairs?

Thanks everyone

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Thanks everyone
One opinion: Shaving facial or body hair gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker.Shaving facial or body hair gives the hair a blunt tip. The tip might feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, the hair might be more noticeable and perhaps appear darker or thicker.

If you can't feel the hair you've done all that's possible.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Thanks everyone

I agree with @ewk that if your hair is a dark color, you will still see hair, especially in the mustache area, after you have done a shave. This is just a lifelong curse for guys with darker hair. Which is why guys with darker hair, have to shave more often, for certain jobs, military. Its just the way it is. If you feel your face after a shave, and your face feels nice and smooth, everything is fine.

Definitely skin/hair pigmentation, I have very coarse, dark whiskers under somewhat light skin so no matter how smooth I shave I ALWAYS sport a 5 O’clock shadow 😂.

Now that some of them are turning gray/white around my chin, that area looks like is better shaved than other areas where my whiskers still very dark, so now it looks patchy🤷🏻‍♂️.

So some things are just the way they are, don't fight it, let it be!

Top Bottom