What's new

Brand New Henson Ti handle stuck

Oh yeah, I had no doubts henson would make it right. Unfortunately as far as I can tell they do not have anymore titanium aggressives. And as such told me that it'd be a second before they could send me a duplicate order but that they would. Oh well

Sorry but yes it is. And it is precisely why Henson used the brass and tungsten threads (their words, not mine). But if your wish is that people don't say that and we all just safely assume that everyone is overtightening their razors I'll leave the issue at that. Have a great day and good shaves to all.
Like I mentioned above, I have seen 1 situation in almost 6yrs and that was a couple years ago... Since you say there is such a major problem with galling and razors would you care to at least provide some links to said galling? Maybe I just haven't been reading the right posts here and elsewhere and have missed all these problem situations you talk about...
Well, maybe you're right about the threads of razors or you've just been lucky.

But as a guy who has spent hours repairing a number of failed titanium and stainless fasteners in the automotive industry, many of which never even got tight and seized during initial assembly, I know for a fact it happens. Maybe a quick google search for "thread galling titanium" or some such will help us understand these failures.
You are correct that galling is a problem but as I mentioned its just not in this industry... The automotive industry, yes... When there is any form of high heat applied when using titanium fasteners there is high risk of galling, but that is far different than a safety razor...

Like I mentioned above, I have seen 1 situation in almost 6yrs and that was a couple years ago... Since you say there is such a major problem with galling and razors would you care to at least provide some links to said galling? Maybe I just haven't been reading the right posts here and elsewhere and have missed all these problem situations you talk about...

You are correct that galling is a problem but as I mentioned its just not in this industry... The automotive industry, yes... When there is any form of high heat applied when using titanium fasteners there is high risk of galling, but that is far different than a safety razor...
I think doing what you request would further "devolve" this conversation. You have your experiences, knowledge and view of the current subject. I'll leave it at that and move to other shaving issues/forums. Have a great day.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think doing what you request would further "devolve" this conversation. You have your experiences, knowledge and view of the current subject. I'll leave it at that and move to other shaving issues/forums. Have a great day.
I salute you sir, for taking the high ground and thus taking the air out of a potential argument.
I sincerely wish that more folks had your attitude and your true spirit of B&B!
Thank you!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
This is not what I would expect of a company that already has such a huge financial success. I remember reading an article on how rapidly their profits skyrocketed for such a young company- if I remember correctly they amassed over $1M in such a short period of time being in business.

And thats the problem right there. When a company grows too big too fast, they assume they are too big to fail, and that they can do no wrong, and that they are entitled to all their successes. Its basically when a company acts like a entitled celebrity. I remember when America was having so many problems with Lindsey Lohan, troubled child, never learned.

IMO, its better if a company slowly builds their success, so they can appreciate the struggles that they had to go through, in order to get there. And trust me when I say, I speak from experience, as I grew up in poverty. When you start out with nothing, you have a greater appreciation for what you have now. VS, if people gave you everything you wanted growing up, you become spoiled like Ms Lohan.

This is why I don't think its a good idea for a new business to make millions super quickly, it gives them the wrong message, that they don't have to innovate, or improve upon their product, because people will just buy their product no matter what on brand reputation, and kiss the ground they walk on. Because of the way that Henson is acting, I have 0-plans to purchase a Henson razor now.

I mean, I like the design of the razors with those angled heads and all. But a product is meaningless without the service and support to back it up. It will be interesting to see if Henson makes this right in the end. But for right now, I am not happy with what I am seeing. :mad:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

What exactly are you seeing?

What is being reported on Henson razors. A complete change in the design of the razors, which is now bringing forth defects, and a company that refuses to stand behind their product and do what is right. A company which acts like there is no problem, so its all your fault, and you should just hold it this way, or do things that way. I don't like Henson's new razor construction, nor their attitude.

What is being reported on Henson razors. A complete change in the design of the razors, which is now bringing forth defects, and a company that refuses to stand behind their product and do what is right. A company which acts like there is no problem, so its all your fault, and you should just hold it this way, or do things that way. I don't like Henson's new razor construction, nor their attitude.
May I respectfully encourage you to consider if all of those conclusions are valid based on the information the OP has given in his posts? Maybe you're pulling things in from other threads or sources, and I suppose that's fair, but, respectfully, I've only seen two small details given by the OP about how Henson is acting and responding, and the last one suggests that they plan to send out a new razor when new stock is available.

May I respectfully encourage you to consider if all of those conclusions are valid based on the information the OP has given in his posts? Maybe you're pulling things in from other threads or sources, and I suppose that's fair, but, respectfully, I've only seen two small details given by the OP about how Henson is acting and responding, and the last one suggests that they plan to send out a new razor when new stock is available.
Yes. Henson made it completely right with me. I can't speak to whether the new threads are better or worse. But they sent me a replacement today and were apologetic. I can't expect much more customer service wise

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Yes. Henson made it completely right with me. I can't speak to whether the new threads are better or worse. But they sent me a replacement today and were apologetic. I can't expect much more customer service wise

This is excellent news! Finally a proper resolution of this matter. As far as the quality, that you will only find out over its longevity. But when you were providing your email communication with the company, I wasn't left with feelings of confidence. But a good resolution in the end, like you said, best you could hope for.

This is excellent news! Finally a proper resolution of this matter. As far as the quality, that you will only find out over its longevity. But when you were providing your email communication with the company, I wasn't left with feelings of confidence. But a good resolution in the end, like you said, best you could hope for.
Yeah im a little nervous about their choice of threading for sure

Thanks for the update. My Ti22 medium is acting fine. The only glitch I am seeing is that I have to load the blade while the top cap is on a flat surface. Otherwise, the blade does not seat properly. The ridges that hold the blade in place are rather small and if don't load the blade that way it seems to go off the ridges and does not seat properly. No big deal for me. However, my first shave was rather rough because of the seating problem.

My Henson arrived messed up. I returned it.

2984AC83-DABE-4584-9F50-DDBBFC5A25D9.jpeg

Attachments

• 1413AAAD-DEEE-4B82-A7A4-9DD90C0DD412.jpeg
    1413AAAD-DEEE-4B82-A7A4-9DD90C0DD412.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 61
Ti galling in the custom bicycle scene is a well known issue. A quick Goggle search will return many hits. Stainless steel water bottle mounts and threaded holders are notorious for reacting with Ti threads. Other mixed metals can react with each other to corrode quicker and react negatively. Hard water can expedite the reaction times as well. Maybe using an o-ring will help on the replacement handle?

Ti galling in the custom bicycle scene is a well known issue. A quick Goggle search will return many hits. Stainless steel water bottle mounts and threaded holders are notorious for reacting with Ti threads. Other mixed metals can react with each other to corrode quicker and react negatively. Hard water can expedite the reaction times as well. Maybe using an o-ring will help on the replacement handle?
Mine was like this when it arrived. I've had the razor for a day lol

Mine was like this when it arrived. I've had the razor for a day lol
It could have sat for months screwed together awaiting a buyer. Ti is a love hate metal. Many great properties but also some trade offs. Not the magic metal it was originally made out to be; especially, welded bicycle frame joints and contact with reactionary metals without special thread compounds.

It could have sat for months screwed together awaiting a buyer. Ti is a love hate metal. Many great properties but also some trade offs. Not the magic metal it was originally made out to be; especially, welded bicycle frame joints and contact with reactionary metals without special thread compounds.
I personally prefer ss but not an option with henson

Top Bottom