What's new

BRAND NEW Copper Lather Bowl - tell me what you think!!

The color reminds me of a project I did in school with copper. I used a chemical to change the color, but I can't remember the name. However, I'll never forget the rotten egg smell. Great stuff, must have been some type of sulfur.
Yes. Sulfur compounds cause copper oxide to form on contact. Rubber insulation for electrical cable used to be vulcanized with sulfur compounds and the resulting oxide detracted from electrical performance. Manufacturers were forced to use tin coated copper to overcome this until better vulcanization was developed.
But it does make for a beautiful finish on the bowl. If anything happens to my heavy copper bowl I might try this one out.

If anything happens to my heavy copper bowl I might try this one out.

road-paving-equipment-working-street-78863251.jpg

A little eye candy for you! These are some of the new lather bowls with the upgraded finish. It takes more time to apply and then work the finish into this appearance but the results are eye-popping as you can see.

It has been interesting to show this new version around. I have shown it to probably a dozen people but here is how I did it. I had the black bowl in a fitted box and handed them our regular copper bowl. They looked at it and handled it for a moment, commenting about it. Then I pulled the black bowl out of the box. Every single person had the same reaction. Some version of eyebrows raised, exclaiming, "Wow!" They dropped the first bowl like a hot potato and it was hard to get the black bowl out of their hands.

We were hoping to have these by October 1 and now it looks like we may have them by September 10. On this first production run we just had a limited number made to confirm the craftsmen would be able to deliver a generally consistent result with the new finish. The extra time they put into it looks consistent in this picture so once these are gone we will get a larger quantity in the next order.

As to our store I will be getting the listing live in our store in the next few days but with it indicating "Sold Out." Once we actually have them it will be a simple matter of flipping the switch and you can buy them. We love the new name for this special version - the credit goes to a nephew of mine. He offered it up and it was as if you rang a bell. I told him, "That's IT!"

20210903_143252.jpg

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
A little eye candy for you! These are some of the new lather bowls with the new finish. It takes more time to apply and then work the finish into this appearance but the results are eye-popping as you can see.

It has been interesting to show this new version around. I have shown it to probably a dozen people but here is how I did it. I had the black bowl in a fitted box and handed them our regular copper bowl. They looked at it and handled it for a moment, commenting about it. Then I pulled the black bowl out of the box. Every single person had the same reaction. Some version of eyebrows raised, exclaiming, "Wow!" They dropped the first bowl like a hot potato and it was hard to get the black bowl out of their hands.

We were hoping to have these by October 1 and now it looks like we may have them by September 10. On this first production run we just had a limited number made to confirm the craftsmen would be able to deliver a generally consistent result with the new finish. The extra time they put into it looks consistent in this picture so once these are gone we will get a larger quantity in the next order.

As to our store I will be getting the listing live in our store in the next few days but with it indicating "Sold Out." Once we actually have them it will be a simple matter of flipping the switch and you can buy them. We love the new name for this special version - the credit goes to a nephew of mine. He offered it up and it was as if you rang a bell. I told him, "That's IT!"

View attachment 1322451

I'm buying one! LOL!

It looks great, but I will be sticking with the standard bowl as it works great. Well, unless I find out that one of my kids uses a bowl to lather, at which time I would pass along my current Captain's copper bowl and order this one - [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Don't care what you call it, it's gorgeous! If you really want my opinion, obsidian makes me thing of shiny, solid black glass. I have no better suggestions so...yeah....it works!

Top Bottom