What's new

BRAND NEW Copper Lather Bowl - tell me what you think!!

This is a prototype that we need to hear from you on. Tell us what you think of this design. To be clear, the lather bowl itself is one of our Heavyweights. It is the finish that is different.

Tell us if you would choose it over our other lather bowls only because of the finish on it.

Thanks for your help!

~ The Captain

IMG_5218.jpeg

IMG_5221.jpeg

IMG_5220.jpeg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
This is a prototype that we need to hear from you on. Tell us what you think of this design. To be clear, the lather bowl itself is one of our Heavyweights. It is the finish that is different.

Tell us if you would choose it over our other lather bowls only because of the finish on it.

Thanks for your help!

~ The Captain

View attachment 1313209
View attachment 1313210

View attachment 1313212
The color reminds me of a project I did in school with copper. I used a chemical to change the color, but I can't remember the name. However, I'll never forget the rotten egg smell. Great stuff, must have been some type of sulfur.

Rotten eggs should be some sulfur involved with acid sulfuric acid smells like rotten eggs.

but captains latest is no stinker!
Like the antique asianesque finish!
Once they will cross the pond

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I already have one of your heavy weights on the counter, so am a little prejudiced in favor of that style because I have enjoyed using it. That said, nothing wrong with another option, if that is your intent. I think if I was forced to choose I'd go with the original finish though as easier to clean off.

It's interesting for sure. I'm not sure I like how it looks more than the original.

That said, I love my Captain's Choice Seaworthy lather bowl. I'm unlikely to buy another lather bowl unless something happens to my current bowl.

I like the look of it. If I ever spring for a copper one I'd probably get this finish.

I just ordered one of your half price gunmetal lather bowls yesterday to see if I like using one.

I have the regular copper and I love the way it complements all my other gear. Wouldn't buy this one, but more choices are always good.

Top Bottom