What's new

Boxing

any predictions for Andy Ruiz vs Joshua 2?

Also, out of the big men owning titles and in the run for them who comes out on top? Ruiz, Wilder, Fury, or Ruiz?

I read that ruiz has been having a tough time staying motivated for the rematch. Not sure if these are mindgames from his camp to throw AJ's camp off.

He proved he could take Joshua's best punches, and he kept on going. So should technically be the favorite going into the rematch.

Fury is getting a gimme fight in otto wallin according to boxing fans, but wilder decided to give ortiz (arguably his most difficult opponent) a rematch.

In my opinion it's a toss up, for who reigns supreme. I'm sure looking forward to it all

I read that ruiz has been having a tough time staying motivated for the rematch. Not sure if these are mindgames from his camp to throw AJ's camp off.

He proved he could take Joshua's best punches, and he kept on going. So should technically be the favorite going into the rematch.

Fury is getting a gimme fight in otto wallin according to boxing fans, but wilder decided to give ortiz (arguably his most difficult opponent) a rematch.

In my opinion it's a toss up, for who reigns supreme. I'm sure looking forward to it all

Ruiz better find his motivation because I’m pretty sure he spent every nickel of what he got from the AJ fight.

I’m rooting for Fury to get all the belts. We’ll see. Wilder is a 1 trick pony but it is one hell of a trick.

Ruiz’s chin is unreal and his hands are lightning fast. He’s definitely unorthodox enough to trouble AJ if he can’t keep him outside. I think Wilder is the meanest of the bunch, but they’re all in trouble if Fury finds some motivation and gets back into prime form.

Ruiz’s chin is unreal and his hands are lightning fast. He’s definitely unorthodox enough to trouble AJ if he can’t keep him outside. I think Wilder is the meanest of the bunch, but they’re all in trouble if Fury finds some motivation and gets back into prime form.
Fury seems to be in really good form now. He’s definitely leaner than he was against Wilder last December.

Ruiz has very liquid combos but needs to be close to use them. I think if AJ wants to win he needs to use his jab and longer reach to keep Ruiz at distance. AJ still definitely has enough power to get a KO.

Joshua
Fury
Ruiz
Wilder

The top two are interchangeable based on mentality. Likewise the bottom two, but for a different reason. Wilder has insane power, and Ruiz has a granite chin. Chins fade faster than power so, at some point, Wilder sleeps Ruiz and he slinks off into retirement. Wilder than has to come up against the other two, both of whom have the technical capabilities to minimizes the brute force of Wilder's attack.

Ruiz better find his motivation because I’m pretty sure he spent every nickel of what he got from the AJ fight.
Yeah, it sucks seeing that. The dude has a rolls Royce phantom and he bought a mansion...

Never understood why sports guys do that. I'd like to see ruiz beat AJ again 5o prove people it wasn't a fluke. But it's hard to root for dudes that seem to be dumb with their money. Makes me think he has yes men and leeches in his camp.

Yeah, it sucks seeing that. The dude has a rolls Royce phantom and he bought a mansion...

Never understood why sports guys do that. I'd like to see ruiz beat AJ again 5o prove people it wasn't a fluke. But it's hard to root for dudes that seem to be dumb with their money. Makes me think he has yes men and leeches in his camp.

I hear ya. Ruiz seemed like a really relatable guy that I thought would be smart and turn his familys life around. Then he started blowing through all of his money. I heard he was trying to get $50 mil for the rematch but I dont think that will happen becasue of the rematch clause.

It will suck for him if he loses becasue just the upkeep and taxes on everything he bought will probably dry up the money he gets from the 2 AJ fights.

I also dont think that he will be able to defend the belts long term regaurdless of the outcome with AJ.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Wilder than has to come up against the other two, both of whom have the technical capabilities to minimizes the brute force of Wilder's attack.

... and we know what Fury does in response when Wilder does manage to hit him with that brute force.

proxy.php

Tyson Fury is a chump. This "linear champion" thing is a bogus hype by ESPN to try to recoup there investment in an unworthy guy. It seems like he is in zero hurry to get back in the ring with a decent opponent.
I love Andy Ruiz but I worry that he got too much money too fast. I'm hoping he gets in the gym and puts all the noise away for a while. Also, I was hoping the rematch would be in California or Mexico. I hope they are being paid crazy dollars to go to Saudi Arabia instead. I still think Ruiz can beat AJ again.

Im pretty sure that Fury and Wilder have a rematch coming up in Febuary. Assuming thats true its only a 15 month window where Fury would have fought Wilder twice as well as 2 other fights so Im not sure about the 'zero hurry' thought. I do think that Wilder is the biggest challenge for him out of the other 3 though. I also believe that they are intentionally taking a little time (even though a year is not a lot in boxing) to tune up after a 3 year, 400 lb haitus.

As far as Saudi Arabi is concered, I really dont understand the logic in that for either AJ or Ruiz besides neither having the home feild advantage. (I also question the drug testing for the fight)

Wilder
Fury
Ruiz
Joshua

This isn't a who is the 'most skilled or technical boxer discussion'. Who wins the fight is the question. Wilder will beat Fury in the rematch. Ruiz will beat Joshua again, and Joshua will be (already was) exposed for the fraud that he is. Wilder will then beat Ruiz.

Fury barely escaped Wallin. Wilder will get him next.
I think he did a great job going 9 rounds with 1 eye and a 3” gash that required 47 stitches to close.

Besides that cut I don’t think he was ever in danger of ‘barely escaping’.

That cut is unfortunate but anyone can get cut. I just hope it isn’t prone to reopening.

Interesting read. He did look as if he would be in better "Shape" for this fight being at a lighter weight. He probably would have been, and has shown to be in the past, to be better at a heavier weight. He just can't let it get out of control. I think the pendulum swung too far in the other direction.

If the fury wilder II is strictly a boxing match then fury will win easily. If it turns into anything like the wallin fight where fury needs to get inside, it's not going to end well for him.

I don't think anyone has any question about who the better "boxer" is. Who is the better fighter won't be settled for a while.

Top Bottom