What's new

Boxing

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've been watching the older matches on Youtube lately.

Duran vs Leonard 1 was a 15 round war. What a fight.

Canelo vs Kovalev was a good bout last night. A felt Sergei was closely winning the first 4, then canelo started going for the body and ultimately finding sergey's chin and putting him away. Yeah, kovalev isn't young, but he didn't make it easy for canelo, who went up two weight classes.

Been watching a lot of Ortiz-Wilder pre fight videos. I'm actually somewhat excited for that fight. I'm also hoping to see Ruiz takeout Joshua again. Hoping his weight loss doesn't effect his fight a la Tyson Fury Otto Wallin.

Yes sir!

Those two fights will be great. I would like wilder to win simply because i really want that fury rematch.

I'd also like to see Ruiz win

The power of Wilder is something I don't think we've ever seen before. I may be suffering from recency bias however, it's a bomb that I can't remember seeing.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The power of Wilder is something I don't think we've ever seen before. I may be suffering from recency bias however, it's a bomb that I can't remember seeing.
Joe Louis ... Sonny Liston ... George Foreman ... Mike Tyson ... hmm ...

I had Ortiz winning at least 5 rounds prior to the KO.

I can't recall a KO where the guy gets KO'D like that from a forehead shot. Wilder has insane power for a heavyweight that only weighs 210lbs. He has a lean frame. Not a power one like tyson, lewis or foreman.

Looking forward to the wilder/fury rematch. And the Joshua/Ruiz one as well.

Last edited:
Wilder
Fury
Ruiz
Joshua

This isn't a who is the 'most skilled or technical boxer discussion'. Who wins the fight is the question. Wilder will beat Fury in the rematch. Ruiz will beat Joshua again, and Joshua will be (already was) exposed for the fraud that he is. Wilder will then beat Ruiz.
My thoughts exactly. Only way Joshua beats Ruiz is if Ruiz comes in disinterested and not ready to fight. Fury or Wilder would knock Joshua out within 3 rounds.

I can remember George foreman hitting Joe Frazier so hard he was lifted off his feet, and his legs buckled when he came down. JOE BLEEPING FRAZIER.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I can remember George foreman hitting Joe Frazier so hard he was lifted off his feet, and his legs buckled when he came down. JOE BLEEPING FRAZIER.

"It is target practice for George Foreman!"
--How-ward Co-sell.

I thought the fight was at tonight...

My cousin the texted me an hour ago telling me who the winner was. Guess I'm gonna have find a replay on YouTube later

I thought the fight was at tonight...

My cousin the texted me an hour ago telling me who the winner was. Guess I'm gonna have find a replay on YouTube later

Prepare to be disappointed unless you're a fan of the winner.

Anyone surprised by Ruiz in either the build up or the execution of the fight should give their head a shake.

The only BIGGER disappointment was in how tentative Joshua seemed in the latter rounds. By Rd 4 it was clear that Ruiz was there for a cheque, and nothing more. I would have thought Joshua would have had more killer instinct.

Prepare to be disappointed unless you're a fan of the winner.
i remember posting in the other boxing thread. That earlier this year, news of ruiz having trouble finding motivation to train for the rematch had surfaced.

I guess it showed, when he weighed in 20lbs overweight. This guy was a late replacement and KO'd the champ... Then he has the chance to prove the doubters wrong and sh*ts the bed because he couldn't handle the fame, money and pressure.

AJ got over $75miliion... Ruiz only got 12million for the rematch? Sounds like he had all the leverage in this fight and his managers couldn't get him more money?. Smh

Top Bottom