What's new

Boxed Wine

I love to leave a box next to the stove for use in cooking: a few tablespoons here, a cup there, and it lasts a looong time without oxidation; unlike an open bottle that loses quality after only a couple of days.

I've familiarized myself with a few wines from the Cardboardeaux Region. Only a select few have made the cut. They do come in handy for appeasing large groups, however.

I'm actually going to Cardboardeaux in a few weeks for a wine tasting vacation. Are there any particular vintages and wineries that you suggest I try? I'm very intrigued to learn more about the different plastic coatings that they use on the cardboard and how it impacts the nose, body, mouth feel and finish.

I'm actually going to Cardboardeaux in a few weeks for a wine tasting vacation. Are there any particular vintages and wineries that you suggest I try? I'm very intrigued to learn more about the different plastic coatings that they use on the cardboard and how it impacts the nose, body, mouth feel and finish.
I wondered if anyone would catch that.. Try anything with a BPA under 5. Great vintages in that range of molecular structures.

Last edited:
I wondered if anyone would catch that.. Try anything with a BPA under 5. Great vintages in that range of molecular structures.

I've heard that some vintages offer a BPA of higher than 5 and are described as reminiscent of the great Barolo's and Brunello's, if you don't mind the risks of course.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I enjoy it with Cheez Whiz.

Really, Ingersol is so much better.

proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I may have to go high-end and pull out the MacLaren's Imperial ...

proxy.php

Top Bottom