What's new

Bowls & Lather

Hello folks!

I have a question: Do any of you find that you prefer a different type of bowl for lathering with soaps vs. creams?

Do you lather on top of your soap, or just collect soap and take it into your regular lathering bowl?

And another question - how do you keep the soap from spinning around in the bowl/mug?

Lots of questions - thank you all!

Kyle Stoner said:
I have a question: Do any of you find that you prefer a different type of bowl for lathering with soaps vs. creams?
I use a differnt bowl depending on brush size no matter what soap/cream I use.

Kyle Stoner said:
Do you lather on top of your soap, or just collect soap and take it into your regular lathering bowl?!
I collect soap on the brush and transfer to the bowl.

Kyle Stoner said:
And another question - how do you keep the soap from spinning around in the bowl/mug?
I don't have this issue, see above.

Thanks for the insight, John - another question: do you hold the soap when you collect on the brush? If not, how do you get the soap onto the brush? I used to swipe my Williams Mug with my brush to collect the soap, and lather directly on my face - but I kept the puck in a bowl and had to wait till it 'stuck' to the bowl for it to be easy to use.

Kyle Stoner said:
Thanks for the insight, John - another question: do you hold the soap when you collect on the brush? If not, how do you get the soap onto the brush? I used to swipe my Williams Mug with my brush to collect the soap, and lather directly on my face - but I kept the puck in a bowl and had to wait till it 'stuck' to the bowl for it to be easy to use.

All the soap I have is in it's own receptacle, Kent and Trumper soaps are in their wooden bowl, glass for the Old Spice and Tabac... Blah blah blah...

I tend to use a smaller brush for soaps and push the tips of the badger into the soap, trying to keep the whole diameter of the brush within the confines of the soap's dish, I then turn the brush between 10-20 times (depending on the soap) to get the soap onto the hair. I then take the brush to the bowl and whip as normal, sometimes adding a few drops of water.

Some soaps like the Mama-Bear ones you can melt in the microwave so they bond to the bowl, I'm not sure if you can do that with all soaps though (hence my other thread).

One thing that works is to pour very hot water into the bowl so it covers the soap, then after a couple of minutes pour it out and when it dries it should be stuck to the bottom of the bowl/mug a little.

Top Bottom