What's new

Bowl latherers, how do you apply it to your face afterwards?

Probably because the Upward strokes are mostly ATG and raise the whiskers and hold them in the lather. So the are more "at attention" a ready to mowed down.
Very true. Just got a tube of Jack Black cream yesterday and today's a shave day. Should be another 10/DFS day.

I still swirl in a circular motion except for my ATG pass where I also go upward with the brush. Also don't push too hard onto the face and splay the brush too much. Let the tips do the work.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Until World War II, the average lather that people were used to was thinner than what youtubers demonstrate today.
So if your shave is comfortable, don't care if the lather on your face looks like Santa's beard.

I just paint the lather all over the face with paint strokes. If it doesn't feel even enough, I whip the brush back and forth across the face.

Once the lather is sufficient in the bowl, I apply and do circular motions scrubbing the brush and lather around. Once I feel like that is looking, and feeling, how I want it to, I apply more quantity until it covers the beard.

Haven't bowl lathered in an age but back when I did I would work it into my face with some light swirling motions then paint until I had good coverage.

Top Bottom