What's new

Boveda Butler - Yea or Nay

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Cooladors are the way to go! I use an old Igloo 124Qt. that has no plastic smell to it. I have about 20 or so 62% Boveda packs with two calibrated hygrometer's, always right around 62% when I open it. If the humidity stars to drop, I just buy a new block of Boveda's and replace the ones that are starting to crystalize. Boveda pack's last a long time! It keeps about 25 boxes or so of Cubans perfect! I try to open the lid at least once a week to exchange the air inside. You really don't need that butler system IMO. When I lived back east, I would keep the coolador in the basement in the summer/fall, and bring it upstairs in the winter/spring.

+1 for Coolerdors. Currently have 2 × 150qt Igloo and 2 × 50qt generic coolers.

I use 1 1/2 pounds of the Climax Beads in the 150qt and 1 pound in the 50qt. Keeps things right at 65%.

Not quite completely full anymore - been smoking my stock.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Dangnabit I made the mistake of Googling Climax Beads. To save the rest of the Badger and Blade membership where do you buy these beads?

I got mine from Heartfelt Industries. Might have better ones now I dunno.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Apparently they were at www.climmax.com . I suspect they went out of business. I've bought beads from heartfeltindustries.com

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I get mine from heartfelt also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom