What's new

Boutique Cigars - Any fans? Suggestions?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
That in a way is what got me into pipes. When the tobacco is smoked I still have the pipe to admire. I still love cigars, but Pipes have become a staple. My rationale on spending on a pipe is “well, if I spent it on cigars I would have nothing to show for it”. Then spending money on the 80 pounds of pipe tobacco is, “ it’s cheaper than cigars, and it’s an investment as tobacco prices just continues to rise”. I can rationalize superfluous spending pretty easily.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I tried pipes back in 2013. Never could keep it lit!! It was so frustrating. But then wouldn’t you know...I’m now getting back in to cigars and I run in to it’s own set of frustrations. I’m 35, my first cigar was at 19. I’ve smoked off and on and off and on and off and on over the years but never been really serious until now.

I guess I have my humidor to look at :eek2:

I can’t say I’ve notice cigar prices going up though. I feel like I was paying the same 8-13 bucks for a good stick back then as I am now. Maybe that’s because there are a TON MORE now. I feel like the market has grown 10x from 15 years ago.

Superfluous spending you say? I bought a nice Craftsman tool chest and I keep it in my closet as my dresser. I’ve got socks and underwear in a Craftsman tool chest. The hell!?

DFW has a cigar rolling event provider for corporate, weddings, and other events, where they roll at the event. Don't know how they smoke. Would be an interesting thing to do.

Top Bottom