What's new

Bourbon

Well, nobody has mentioned my current favorite bargain Bourbons.

Try:

JTS Brown Bottled In Bond
Kirkland Signature (Costco) Bottled in Bond

-jeremy

Well, nobody has mentioned my current favorite bargain Bourbons.

Try:

JTS Brown Bottled In Bond
Kirkland Signature (Costco) Bottled in Bond

-jeremy
+1 on the Kirkland but good luck finding it. We've been out now for a month. Flew right out of the stores in weeks.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
If you can get... GET IT! It is excellent.
Will do. Where are you located. I’ve seen it in the Indianapolis stores at 2 different Costcos in the past month. There wasn’t ever a lot of it, but it was on the shelves. It’ll be gone now that I’m looking for it.

I'm a Laphroig/Talisker/Lagavulin kind of scotch drinker. I like Macallan as well, but not as much. Bradshaw has not been mentioned and it was the first bourbon I tried that was not too sweet for me. Also Old Forester 1895 might suit you.

Will do. Where are you located. I’ve seen it in the Indianapolis stores at 2 different Costcos in the past month. There wasn’t ever a lot of it, but it was on the shelves. It’ll be gone now that I’m looking for it.
I'm in AZ. Pallets of it went out the door in 2 weeks.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Maybe I will do a road trip to Austin some day. In the scheme of Texas, Carrollton to Austin is barely a road trip. :lol: I like Gin in a dry martini, I usually don't drink it otherwise.
To my taste buds a 3:1 with Dolin, well shaken or stirred, is delightful. Having one right now with Tanq! I am thinking of heading to Austin Shaker later in the week for some Willett rye.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Ah, so many to enjoy!

Michter’s Sour Mash
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig 18 YO
Uncle Nearest (TN whiskey)
Evan Williams Single Barrel (great budget juice).

I could go on all night…
Totally agree, and the EW might fit the OP's flavor profile.

That's just half. The other side has the non-Bourbons, a few more bottles of Scotch, and the clear alcohols. When we moved in here I immediately claimed the basement bar. She can have the rest of the house.
Fantastic looking setup sir! Awesome looking collection! Got a favorite in each category?

Side note, @BigFoot you’ll have to keep us apprised of your journey! I’m curious as to what you pick up first, and what your take on it is! 🥃

I am sure I could dig this up in this forum but I really don't want to look. I like a good Scotch Whiskey I don't really care for regular whiskey. I have never drank Bourbon. I would like to give it a try. What do y'all recommend for a good bourbon to drink neat or on the rocks without breaking the bank?
I'm sure you have had quite a few suggestions by now, but I'd like to add one more. Johnny Drum is a pretty good Kentucky bourbon and is anywhere from $35-$40. Really smooth whether neat or mixed.

Top Bottom