What's new

Bourbon drinkers. What is your favorite?

I'm a bit of a cheapskate, but my favorite so far is the original Wild Turkey. 101 proof, of course. I'd sure like to locate a bottle of the Rare Breed.

My subject of choice...

Go to: Buffalo Trace
Occassional: Woodford Reserve
Really Good Stuff for the money & if you can find it: Old Pogue
A few more worth trying: Forty Creek, Pappy Van Winkle, Makers Mark 46, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Eagle Rare, Jefferson's Reserve Presedential Select.
Cheap/Readily Available/Worth Drinking and Keeping in Stock: Evan Williams

Gosh, I sound like an alcoholic!

My subject of choice...

Go to: Buffalo Trace
Occassional: Woodford Reserve
Really Good Stuff for the money & if you can find it: Old Pogue
A few more worth trying: Forty Creek, Pappy Van Winkle, Makers Mark 46, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Eagle Rare, Jefferson's Reserve Presedential Select.
Cheap/Readily Available/Worth Drinking and Keeping in Stock: Evan Williams

Gosh, I sound like an alcoholic!

You find me a bottle of Pappy at msrp and I'll shoot your praises! I've been looking for years and have come up empty.

Booker's...best all-purpose premium out there
Old Forester (preferably 100 proof)...best go-to bourbon I have ever found
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon...best "special occasion" bourbon. Complex and tasty, somewhat difficult to find. Not cheap.

New adventure on the horizon...C.H. Taylor Small Batch. I have great expectations!!!!

Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year...what I will buy by the case when I win the lottery.............................

Come down to KY, you can sometimes find it in Lexington or Louisville.

I wish! But, alas, I'm stationed in Spain right now. Everywhere I've been there are authorized distributors that you can get on the waiting list for, but it's years long and I'm never stationed there long enough. It's frustrating when I see people selling it for $600 a bottle on Craigslist.

I wish! But, alas, I'm stationed in Spain right now. Everywhere I've been there are authorized distributors that you can get on the waiting list for, but it's years long and I'm never stationed there long enough. It's frustrating when I see people selling it for $600 a bottle on Craigslist.

Off hand, this ad has been on AR15 for a few days but the price is a tad high to say the least.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_91/1263127_Bourbon___Pappy_Van_Winkle_10_and_12_year.html

Hey Gents, that Pappy even at msrp, is too rich for my blood. One day I will splurge, but first I need to widdle down my whiskey collection...

I bought my first bottle of Blanton's Single Barrel a few weeks ago, and it changed my ideas about bourbon. I really liked bourbon before (Maker's Mark, Buffalo Trace) but I'm a changed man now. That Blanton's is amazing. Pricey, but amazing.

I scored a bottle each of pappy 15 20&23 . I normally drink Basil Hayden this is definitely a treat. The twenty is my favorite. At least between that and the fifteen I have not opened the 23. Though I have noticed it is very sensitive to temperature on how it tastes. But when it's just right there is this egg nog /apple pie sweetness that stays with you.

Since I have started drinking scotch, my perception of an expensive bottle has shifted considerably. It took me quite a while to even work up to a $45-50 bottle of bourbon. That said, I am liking the Bulleit 10 yr at that price. It is quite a bit "oakier" and richer than the regular Bulleit to me. My favorite bourbon to date has been from this year's release of George T. Stagg that my wife got me for Christmas, it is a very rich, exceptional drink, reserved for birthdays for me.
Readily available, off the shelf stuff, there have been some real gems already mentioned with the likes of Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden's, Elijah Craig, Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek & Woodford Reserve. I don't even know if I could pick just one from that list.

Recently I enjoyed some Blanton's, Jefferson Reserve, and my old time favorite, Wild Turkey's Kentucky Spirit.

Currently, my favorite pours are William Larue Weller and Four Roses 125th Anniversary. For stuff that is readily available, FR private barrels.

To pick one, I would chose Four Roses Small Batch. Consistently the choice when I get to together with my friends to tell lies and enjoy each other company.

Top Bottom