It says A.B.O 129
Cellu scales.
Can't find anything on the web.
I thought I bought an Otto Busch.
Instead this was in the box.:letterk2:

Anybody knows what it is?

IMG_20191001_162912.jpg

I got about 15 vintage Solingen blades.
But ze germans were always proud on their craftmanship and each Solingen blade I own has Solingen stamped on the blade .
This one doesn't.
Anything that makes you think of Solingen in particular?

I got about 15 vintage Solingen blades.
But ze germans were always proud on their craftmanship and each Solingen blade I own has Solingen stamped on the blade .
This one doesn't.
Anything that makes you think of Solingen in particular?
Grind, profile and name...

I found this:

Otto Busch. Solingen-Wald: Altenhoferstrasse 30 in 1939 and 1983. Brand names: 'Busch', 'Goldfisch', 'Goldfinch', 'Millennium', 'Ninus', 'Pirola', 'Rittmeester', 'Weltmeister', 'World Master', 'Weltmeister'.

And the box it came in says Rittmeester.

So it is an Otto Busch !

I found this:

Otto Busch. Solingen-Wald: Altenhoferstrasse 30 in 1939 and 1983. Brand names: 'Busch', 'Goldfisch', 'Goldfinch', 'Millennium', 'Ninus', 'Pirola', 'Rittmeester', 'Weltmeister', 'World Master', 'Weltmeister'.

So it is an Otto Busch !
Interesting. A quick search shows Rittmeester was a rank for officers in the German cavalry, which explains the horse. Great find for $10.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Not Solingen, IMHO though it closely follows the standard Solingen style. Nearly all Solingen razors made with genuine Solingen steel are stamped "Solingen". I think Street nailed it. Likely yours is from early production, from the simple stamping. I think I see "Hollow Ground" faintly etched on the blade.

I found this:

So it is an Otto Busch !
Assuming the box is the original one...

Top Bottom