What's new

Bought this Gem

Soak it in acetone? I'm astonished!

Why all the negativity over a few "germs?" Warm soapy water does the job in washing soiled hands, and warm soapy water and an old soft toothbrush does the deed in gently cleaning a used razor.

R

romsitsa

Soak it in acetone? I'm astonished!

Why all the negativity over a few "germs?" Warm soapy water does the job in washing soiled hands, and warm soapy water and an old soft toothbrush does the deed in gently cleaning a used razor.

Hello, it’s not for disinfecting, acetone will dissolve the remaining lacquer.

Adam

Antimicrobial properties of copper - Wikipedia
https://aem.asm.org/content/aem/14/3/303.full.pdf

Steve said to use warm water, actually studies show that the water temperature is not relevant. Friction is the key. So, use a antibacterial formula Dawn and a tooth brush and scrub the metal with the same pressure as you would hand wash.

Hopefully this thread will be read by others before using harsh chemical and ruining these diminishing relics.

But I do maintain that warm water will aid the soap to become suds, unless you have very soft water. Warm water also is more pleasant to the hands.

Studies? Here's my study. Exhibit A: If I wash my dirty grimy hands without using soap, warm water seems to remover more dirt and grime, more quickly and easily. Exhibit B: When I wash the dishes in the sink by hand it's much more effective to wash with warm soapy water than with cold soapy water.

Sounds like this may gravitate into a "cold water shave vs. warm water shave" type of argument, where both camps have merit and rational persons can sincerely disagree. :001_smile

But I do maintain that warm water will aid the soap to become suds, unless you have very soft water. Warm water also is more pleasant to the hands.

Studies? Here's my study. Exhibit A: If I wash my dirty grimy hands without using soap, warm water seems to remover more dirt and grime, more quickly and easily. Exhibit B: When I wash the dishes in the sink by hand it's much more effective to wash with warm soapy water than with cold soapy water.

Sounds like this may gravitate into a "cold water shave vs. warm water shave" type of argument, where both camps have merit and rational persons can sincerely disagree. :001_smile

No argument brother Steve. Warm does feel better, just unnecessary. Chef friend taught me a cap of Clorox aid in dishwashing. I’m a fan of Dawn. I use it for many chores.

Top Bottom