What's new

Bought my first Moka Pot! Mornings will change!

Good point Scott, it makes sense. Less water takes less time to heat and with less water, there will be less hot coffee in the top to hold any heat that made it's way up.

thanks, its also interesting to look at the design difference between the Alessi and the Bialletti, I wonder if that wide base and the shallower depth of the water reservoir makes a difference in the time it takes to heat and therefore create pressure, Alessi maybe a setup to fail on design alone; I mean it is a nice thing to look at but is it functionally correct? (I am not even close to a physics/engineer type so I may be talking of the side of my @$$..lol)

I have a Stainless Steel 6 cup Moka Pot and the brew comes out very hot. In fact, I drop an ice-cup in the cup immediatley after poring to start dringing without burning my mouth.

I also try to pour out of the pot as soon as possible because the heat retention in my pot seems to keep "cookin" it. YMMV.

I have used the same Moka Pot on four different cooktops. Each one was different as far as time to brew and temperature. My advice, keep the flame around the circumference of the kettle on the Moka Pot, no little, no less.

My drug of choice for my MP, Peet's Major Dirkenson (Sp?). Basket filled just a tad under capacity. For me, this hit's the Sweet Spot for the perfect brew.

Happy to report that filling the pot up with more water did the trick. The first few milliliters of coffee were still lukewarm, but the final brew was hot.

Top Bottom