What's new

Bought My First Boar Brush

It's a Semogue 1305 Superior Boar Brush. I have never used this type of brush so this will definitely be an experience. I tried to manually break it in. I attached a pic. Let me know what you think. Any advice on breaking in the brush or general use is absolutely appreciated. Happy Shaving

$20160426_194303.jpg

Must have crazy gravity where you live ...

Anyway, yeah, just use it. If you can let it completely dry, word is that helps. I alternate between a couple boards, sometimes throwing in some synthetics.

That's a good looking brush.

Soak it for at least 30 seconds, preferably 60 seconds before using. Don't soak the whole brush, just the bristles up to the metal knot cup. I found the 830 to break in fairly quickly, maybe half a dozen lathers. I would make a lather every day (palm or bowl lathering) then rinse and let it dry. The tips will split and it will get softer.

Yup, nice brush. I love mine. It'll break in as it goes, but I want to say that I enjoyed mine right from the start. I usually put it into a small cup of water while drying off from the shower. When I first got it, it soaked for the duration of the shower, but now that seems to grab too much water.

Top Bottom