What's new

Bought C&E $35 brush....

Oh I see, it's just a type of thing that keeps it insulated warm.. I'll have to figure something out..

you know I actually have one of those I think, looks similar to that but it's called a candle warmer, I wonder if it is the same thing, I'll have to check it out. =)

dax702 said:
you know I actually have one of those I think, looks similar to that but it's called a candle warmer, I wonder if it is the same thing, I'll have to check it out. =)
I would suggest focusing on getting a respectible lather first. As an aside, unless you have an extraordinary water problem, there is another issue here. I followed my own checklist and produced an outstanding lather with the same brush and cream. Please do pay attention to the details as until you get it right you are going to continue to become more and more frustrated.
BTW, did I miss your name?

I'm Mike.. I'll give it a try tonite... it's my shaving night lol... I yearn for the day when I'll be able to shave every day instead of every 3 days :lol:

Dax,

take your time and chill-don't give up yet. You will find a difference in your shaves once your technique improves and you have the blades that work for your face the best.

until then,work on your technique( blade angle and building lather)-these will last you a lifetime (and they don't cost anything!)

Marty

So its 9 years since I bought this brush. Does it mean it's time for a new one when the bristles go out to the side causing a hole in the middle when looking at the bristles from above?

It's funny, after re reading this thread, I still basically have the same problems, shave every three or four days as I have to wait for the sand paper on my face to grow in and soften before getting rid of it again otherwise it's irritation city for me. I watch some of these white guys reviewing creams and soaps on YouTube and they don't even have beards; they have peach fuzz lol.

Last edited:
Here's two pics, one with water shaken out and another soaking wet. Is there a way to tell if it's time to replace?

Attachments

• $IMG_20150405_175610.jpg
    $IMG_20150405_175610.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 31
  • $IMG_20150405_175706.jpg
    $IMG_20150405_175706.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom