What's new

Bought a can full of razors for a dollar.

Found this can of razors in the basement of an estate sale this morning.

$IMG_20150704_105121.jpg

$IMG_20150704_105232.jpg

Got my work cut out cleaning them. :001_smile

Last edited:
WOW!!! Great Score!!! Is that one on the right in the bottom pic a slim or a fat boy?? Either way that is a steal for a dollar!

Nate

WOW!!! Great Score!!! Is that one on the right in the bottom pic a slim or a fat boy?? Either way that is a steal for a dollar!

Nate

That one is a slim. A 1963 I4.

I find it interesting that people in the past would buy new razors throughout the years and still keep their old ones.

That one is a slim. A 1963 I4.

I find it interesting that people in the past would buy new razors throughout the years and still keep their old ones.

That is a great score indeed then, I have a slim I won on the bay for 40 bucks in route to me now. I actually don't find it too odd really. Although I started shaving after they stopped making these I still have all of my razors I have bought as well, (with the exception of the electric ones that have died on me). I have about 8 or 9 cartridge razors under the sink in the bathroom in a plastic tub. My Youngest has adopted my Gillette Fusion Proglide and my Oldest has my Schick Quattro and has recently laid claim to my Micro Touch One and Pure Badger Brush so he too is making the transition over to wet shaving himself.

What's that one below and to the right of the ball end Tech?

I was just investigating that.
It's called a Shake Sharp. It's a self sharpening single edge razor that takes a double edge blade.

$IMG_20150704_120549.jpg$IMG_20150704_120610.jpg

By shaking the razor with the top closed, the hone is suppose to sharpen the blade.

I need to start going to estate sales.

And make sure you look at everything. I almost missed this one.
The can was situated with other cans full of nuts and bolts. I was just about to walk away when I saw a razor out of the corner of my eye.
Boy, was I surprised when I saw 7 razors in there!

Wow. That has to be the score of the year for 2015. I hope you were wearing a mask to hide your ID from seller. BIG congrats.

Top Bottom