What's new

Bought 5 New Simpson Shaving Brushes and 3 MDC's

Yes, I understand that. Just don't understand why if both are dry why the super wouldn't feel softer. Hmmmmm

Because the Super is finer and considerably more densely packed to compensate for that and to achieve the backbone and density wanted for a Chubby-design (dedicated face-lathering). You feel thinner tips and more of them with the Super, while the less dense Best also gives in a bit compared, which may amplify the perception.
If you plan to keep them, use them, you should absolutely notice a difference and Super being softer at the tips! While there can be some variability across the charges, Super is a different type and grade and there's just no way that it would be the other way round.

Because the Super is finer and considerably more densely packed to compensate for that and to achieve the backbone and density wanted for a Chubby-design (dedicated face-lathering). You feel thinner tips and more of them with the Super, while the less dense Best also gives in a bit compared, which may amplify the perception.
If you plan to keep them, use them, you should absolutely notice a difference and Super being softer at the tips! While there can be some variability across the charges, Super is a different type and grade and there's just no way that it would be the other way round.
Ahhhhhhhh, makes sense when you explain it that way. Thank you very much! 🖒

My friend has just offered me his new/used Shavemac 28 2 band custom for my Simpson Chubby 3 Best.
I just bought a few Cubbies and honestly,
I Like the 1's...I just bought them in both Best and Super. I'm just in the process of breaking them in.

My friend has just offered me his new/used Shavemac 28 2 band custom for my Simpson Chubby 3 Best.
I Like the 1's...I just bought them in both Best and Super. I'm just in the process of breaking them in.

I would want to see a picture, but it sounds like a fair deal.

I've always had my eye on a Chubby 2 Manchurian. Dream brush.

YEAH!

210206_13938-AboveTheTie-Windsor_Atlas_Stand-Chubby2MFT.jpg

Shavemac has a two 2-band knots (and both in Fan-shape as well as Bulb-Shape), a "Silvertip 2-band" and the "Silvertip D01 2-band" (which is akin to Simpsons Manchurian), see Shavemac Hair Qualities. Without getting into the details, both are different from Simpsons Best Badger. You wrote that you got a Chubby 3 in Best Badger.
Each knot is so unique and has it's characteristics and it's all so subjective anyway. You seem to have the choice to test it, so find out yourself. But be careful, sometimes you don't get the lather right with a new brush at first and blame it on the item, it takes time.

Anyway, a Chubby 3 - no matter what hair - is such a gem. I for one find it less exciting to own the Chubby 1 and Chubby 2 in both Best and Super and would rather part with one of those hair types than to give away the Chubby 3. And personally I find it special to have 'all the Chubbys'.

Here are mine. Btw, the picture nicely shows the shapes:
Bulb on the Chubby 2 Silvertip, Fan on the Manchurians and Hybrid (mix of Bulb & Fan) on the two Chubby 3:

210208_13950-Simpson-Family.jpg

Good luck with your choices and have fun! 🌞

Having tried nearly everything Simpson offers except Manchurian and SiLVERTiP chubby's, I say Best Chubby is still my favorite from them. Some day I will snag a deal on a Manchurian Chubby (or trade my M7 for one).

YEAH!

View attachment 1266570

Shavemac has a two 2-band knots (and both in Fan-shape as well as Bulb-Shape), a "Silvertip 2-band" and the "Silvertip D01 2-band" (which is akin to Simpsons Manchurian), see Shavemac Hair Qualities. Without getting into the details, both are different from Simpsons Best Badger. You wrote that you got a Chubby 3 in Best Badger.
Each knot is so unique and has it's characteristics and it's all so subjective anyway. You seem to have the choice to test it, so find out yourself. But be careful, sometimes you don't get the lather right with a new brush at first and blame it on the item, it takes time.

Anyway, a Chubby 3 - no matter what hair - is such a gem. I for one find it less exciting to own the Chubby 1 and Chubby 2 in both Best and Super and would rather part with one of those hair types than to give away the Chubby 3. And personally I find it special to have 'all the Chubbys'.

Bulb on the Chubby 2 Silvertip, Fan on the Manchurians and Hybrid (mix of Bulb & Fan) on the two Chubby 3:

View attachment 1266589

That's a beautiful picture!

YEAH!

View attachment 1266570

View attachment 1266589

Is that a Feather Razor?

Had some extra cash to spend on ME after getting caughtup on ALL my nuts.
Figured I'd treat myself to a new spring shaving soap.
What do I see, Martin de Candre on sale!?
I already have the Fougère and Vetyver, let's try the Original! Got it!
What? Another sale! The Rose at a great price!? Got it!
What's left? The Aug rums on sale too? Got it!
What did I just spend? Don't think about it, it's ok, I haven't treated myself like this in years!
I'm giddy, now I need a new brush, I have a Commadore 2, I really like it, the 3 is on sale, hmmmm, Got it!
What do I have left?
What's that!? The Chubbies are ON SALE?
Chubby 1 best badger in the cart, Chubby 1 finest, in the cart, Chubby 2 finest in the cart, Chubby 2 best out of stock? Crap, what's this Chubby 3 Best? In the cart!
Ok, look at the total, WHAT???
ACTUALLY, FOR EVERYTHING, THAT'S NOT BAD, BUT WHAT?
If I don't pull the trigger on this now I never will. What to do, what to do??? I PULLED THE TRIGGER AND I SHOT MYSELF IN THE FREAKING FACE!
I'M NEVER BUYING ANOTHER BRUSH AGAIN. 😂
And then at the end of the month you get the CC bill and what I call "the moral hangover" will settle in.......

Thank you very much!

It's the Windsor from @Above The Tie. Here's my thread about it (with many more pictures featuring also all my Chubbys): That Windsor feeling! My journey with the Windsor from Above The Tie.

And here is the duo
And then at the end of the month you get the CC bill and what I call "the moral hangover" will settle in.......
No, I paid cash. Saved it all by not going out over the past year. That and finished 21.5 years of child support and college so it's ME time. And the 3 ex wives are all remarried so NO MORE SUPPORT!
HAHAHAAAAA! 😉

Thank you very much!

It's the Windsor from @Above The Tie. Here's my thread about it (with many more pictures featuring also all my Chubbys): That Windsor feeling! My journey with the Windsor from Above The Tie.

And here is the duo again:

View attachment 1266749
I read your review of the Windsor, excellent. I also have a Futur but I haven't taken it out of the box yet.
Thank you very much!

And here is the duo again:

View attachment 1266749
I read your review on the Windsor, excellent. I also have the Futur but it's still in the box. The Progress Long and 34c are in my rotation and the regular Progress is in my Travel kit along with a Gillette Slim Adjustable from the 60's. My 1958 D4 Gillette Fatboy (birth year and quarter) and another 60's Slim round out what I've been pulling from my stand the last month or so. I have a bunch of old Gillettes in the cabinet I need to get out and use. Close to a dozen, from the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s.
Maybe I'll pull them out and clean them up this weekend.

YEAH!

View attachment 1266570

View attachment 1266589

Maybe you should try going off grid and grow a wild beard. In the meantime I'd be happy to hold onto all your brushes and give them a good home! And I'd only feed them my MDC! 😆

It's that CH2 Manchu in tortoise shell (?) that I'm really liking! Dang that's nice.

Yep, even I as die-hard fan of Ivory and Butterscotch couldn't resist a Tortoiseshell Chubby. It's from this 2016 edition of the 58, Duke 3 and the Chubby 2:

One of those Chubby 3s Super would look great next to mine in best, 😉😊. The butterscotch is impressive.

Gee! 😊

Then just imagine the Chubby 3 on the right would state 'Best Bagder' and it would look like this:

210512_14231-Above-The-Tie-Windsor-Pro_Simpson_Chubby3-Super-BU-IV.jpg

Top Bottom