What's new

Bottom Tier of Modern DE Blades

Interesting comments.

I am surprised to see Astra blades mentioned more than once, for me they work quite well and I thought the consensus was that both the SS and SP blades are quite good.

Derby blades - Sic transit gloria mundi. ("Thus passes the glory of the world.")
I remember a time about 15 years ago when Derby blades (Turkish made, Swedish steel) were all the rage.

I have long settled on three different blades as my standard go-to blades and have not had any bad blade experience for quite some time.

B.

Interesting comments.

I am surprised to see Astra blades mentioned more than once, for me they work quite well and I thought the consensus was that both the SS and SP blades are quite good.

Derby blades - Sic transit gloria mundi. ("Thus passes the glory of the world.")
I remember a time about 15 years ago when Derby blades (Turkish made, Swedish steel) were all the rage.

I have long settled on three different blades as my standard go-to blades and have not had any bad blade experience for quite some time.

B.
I have tried both Astra versions. The SP is one of my top blades. The SS just felt uncomfortable and rough on my face. I did try 2 blades to see if they would imporve but they didn't.

Absolutely unusable: Alshabab - the tugging monster
BF1FCE2B-76BA-4A81-95CE-B73CD9D0B5FA.jpeg

Not my cup of coffee: Treet Black Beauty

I have tried both Astra versions. The SP is one of my top blades. The SS just felt uncomfortable and rough on my face. I did try 2 blades to see if they would imporve but they didn't.
it is the other way around for me. SS is a top blade for me. SP meh, and only works in some of my razors, in others it is even worse. but bottom tier? I can shave with them so no.

Top Bottom