What's new

Bots posting repeated messages

We are rapidly heading to a situation where it will be practically impossible to distinguish humans from non-humans online.

dog.jpg

The evolution of AI-generated text becoming more "human-like" is why I wonder whether "donald bathe"/"larryjohnson"/"michaelmartino" (or whatever the names were) is a bot or a real individual. The repeated vacuous questions were merely a tip-off.

Whether a real person or not, the real purpose is likely some kind of test as to whether the site is moderated well and to collect data for phishing and/or spamming.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The evolution of AI-generated text becoming more "human-like" is why I wonder whether "donald bathe"/"larryjohnson"/"michaelmartino" (or whatever the names were) is a bot or a real individual. The repeated vacuous questions were merely a tip-off.

Whether a real person or not, the real purpose is likely some kind of test as to whether the site is moderated well and to collect data for phishing and/or spamming.
All the more reason not to engage trolls and just report 'em so we can zap 'em!

linty1

My wallet cries.
All the more reason not to engage trolls and just report 'em so we can zap 'em!
True, from what I can tell though from the "reply" things like this ^ I was just amazed how patient ppl here were in answering their (very) persistant questions.

On another note kinda waiting on Alpaman do come back and tell us more about why he thinks Simpsons brushes are not worth it...

Top Bottom