What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2016

IMO Brooklyn BCS really needs some cellaring time. I think it is just okay fresh and as you note "boozy" but with six months to three years of aging it really comes into its own. Most of my cellaring is just that at 55F - 60F, a dedicated beer fridge set cooler (say 45F to 50F) might require more time or if warmer cellaring temps less time. I think BCS with a year on it rivals many if not most, much more expensive, imperial stouts.

Noted.

I love local beer (I am convinced that Beer is a commodity that doesn't travel well) so tonight I drank this:
proxy.php

On tap, Founder's Backwoods Bastard. Barrell-aged doesn't always mean better for me, but this is great!

Last edited:
After a load of auto repair Friday night into Saturday afternoon, settled for Left Hand Milk Stout from the bottle (good) and a Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout (very good!). You get the chocolate with a nice caramel/malt finish with Sam Smith's. Would turn another one down.

After a load of auto repair Friday night into Saturday afternoon, settled for Left Hand Milk Stout from the bottle (good) and a Sam Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout (very good!). You get the chocolate with a nice caramel/malt finish with Sam Smith's. Would turn another one down.

Well, if you turned it down, Rick, I'd gladly take it. That one from Sam Smith's is my favorite!

Had a Third Stone Brown English Ale and Lift Bridge's Crosscut Lager last night. The brown ale was alright; had a kind of sour note to it that I don't expect from a brown ale. Crosscut uses grapefruit peel for flavor. Not offensive, but the lager simply wasn't my style.

Don

HA!! LOL!! See how depleted I was after all that work and a 2.5 hour drive back to the west coast of Florida?! I meant to type "Wouldn't"! I really enjoyed it and I would have another!

Top Bottom