What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2016

$IMAG1205.jpg

Clown Shoes - Erudite Crawfish

Beer! That fabulous fluid! It's great to find people who also enjoy craft beers. I enjoy most styles, but -mostly due to availability- I particularly enjoy all Belgian abbey ales, especially those Trappist beers. Fortunately, even the finer beers are quite cheap, if you compare it to the huge differences in wine, whisk(e)y and other products.

I digress. Today I'll have a nice porter, specifically, Cutthroat Porter, by Odell Brewing Company (Colorado). I have already had it once and it was very good, so I'm looking forward to my second one!

:thumbup1:
Odell and New Belgium are kind of my go to around here when I don't find anything new I want to try or don't want to ponder too long. Brought home Cutthroat Porter plenty of times.

Did you like it? Reaching for the last one in the fridge now...

Had a couple of the offerings from Ft. Myers Brewing Company last night: Tamiami Tan American Brown Ale and a Belgian IPA. It was Gourmet Burger Food Truck Night, so, yeah, not super healthy, but all in moderation, right?

I did enjoy it. Saved some for home and had one last night!! Booze is well hidden. Almost too well hidden. Just bought but haven't tried, Clown Shoes Whammy Bar. Can't wait to try.

Founder's Centennial IPA. Again, prefer the darker stuff from Founder's. I like Six Point Puff a bit better. Forgot that I had 4 more of the Porters in the fridge when I picked up the six of Centennial IPA today. My son-in-law found it, though!

Last edited:
Odd Side - Scallywagger

Pineapple IPA aged in Rum Barrels. Just found out that this beer was only brewed once. Maybe I need to stop drinking my stash of them...

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Rochester Mills Beer Co.- Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake Stout. Not bad.

Old Soul Brewing Comb Over Honey Ale. 5.2% ABV. Darker than expected. Really nice ale. Although Orange Blossom honey is used in the brewing process, this isn't a sweet ale.

$IMG_3085.jpg
Birthday Bomb - Birthday Beer from Last Night!
Prairie Artisan Ales could basically relieve themselves in a bottle and I would most likely love it, never had a bad beer from them :lol:
I also had a glass of Alesmith Vietnamese Coffee Speedway stout with dinner which was amazing!

Out for a birthday brewery party at Bury Me Brewing in Ft. Myers. Had one of their stouts, specially brewed for the birthday boy and on guest tap was Founder's Curmudgeon Old Ale - what a rich brew!

Birthday Bomb - Birthday Beer from Last Night!
Prairie Artisan Ales could basically relieve themselves in a bottle and I would most likely love it, never had a bad beer from them :lol:
I also had a glass of Alesmith Vietnamese Coffee Speedway stout with dinner which was amazing!
Happy bday Garry!

Top Bottom