What's new

BOTD - Beer of the Day - 2014

Drinking a Goose Island BCBS to celebrate getting a bartending job at a local craft beer bar. Exciting day for this college kid. I'm also getting this evil Chicago beer out of my fridge before the Blues (hopefully) beat the Blackhawks tomorrow!

Edit: My subconscious took over and I typed "brewery" instead of "bar." Maybe one day I'll find myself working at a brewery!

Last edited:
Drinking a Goose Island BCBS to celebrate getting a bartending job at a local craft beer brewery. Exciting day for this college kid. I'm also getting this evil Chicago beer out of my fridge before the Blues (hopefully) beat the Blackhawks tomorrow!

+ 1 cheers!

Drinking a Goose Island BCBS to celebrate getting a bartending job at a local craft beer bar. Exciting day for this college kid. I'm also getting this evil Chicago beer out of my fridge before the Blues (hopefully) beat the Blackhawks tomorrow!

Edit: My subconscious took over and I typed "brewery" instead of "bar." Maybe one day I'll find myself working at a brewery!

Nice...congrats!

Thanks for the congratulations everyone! I had a couple Schlafly Summer Lagers tonight to try to give the Blues some luck...a lot of good that did! Excellent beer though.

Hill Farmstead! I'm impressed. That is really, really hard to come by. I have had a couple, and at least with those, they live up to their reputation. Wish I lived closer, but being as far away as I am, I have to rely on beer craving friends who are up that way to come back with the goods. Enjoy.

Tonight I had a NoDA Brewing Hop, Drop, and Roll, recent Gold Medal IPA at the World Beer Cup. I had that while grilling/smoking a tri-tip roast. By the time dinner was ready, I needed something more malty and robust, and located a Founders Porter in the beer fridge. Just right.

Matt

Boxing Rock Crafty Jack English Ale. Brewed right here in Nova Scotia. Great brew...

proxy.php

Magic Hat Dream Machine India Pale Lager

Kind piney like an IPA but not quite as bitter. I get a little citrus, not bad, not awesome.

A local brewery's hoppy wheat beer, seasonal and delicious. From a growler. Not a St. Louis beer but I'm wearing my Blues jersey so it all evens out. :001_tt2:

Muskoka Brewery's Dark Ale, It's decent, a little sweeter than I'd like. It came in a mixed 12 pack I bought a while ago.

It was our beer festival today so here's my list.

Great Lakes Crazy Canuck Pale Ale
Collective Arts Saint of Circumstance
Railway City's Witty Traveler
Sleeping Giant 360 Pale Ale
Lake Of Bays Spark House Red
Stack Brewing's Valley Girl
Stack Brewing's Impact Altbier
Whitewater Brewing Co's Farmers Daughter
Whitewater Brewing Co's Midnight Oatmeal Stout
Bellwoods Farmhouse Classic
Black Oak Brewing Triple Chocolate Cherry Stout
Trafalgers Lanark County Blueberry Mead
Great Lakes Devil's Pale Ale 666
Bellwoods Wizard Wolf

Mill Street Coffee Porter

Got this in a bottle share. I get the coffee, but it kind of has a weird aftertaste. As usual I'm underwhelmed by Mill Street.

Last edited:
Top Bottom