What's new

Boston Terrier breeders

OK, this is about as off topic as I get. My labs are getting old and have some health issues, with the older one turning 13 in August. Sadly, the reality is that they are living on borrowed time. My wife really loves Bostons, especially after meeting our neighbors rescued Boston. We have been researching the breed and have come to the conclusion that finding a good breeder is either expensive or just plain difficult. There is a significant amount of health testing that needs to be done with purebred Bostons (we have decided that we will not go the rescue route, although we love the idea). Does anyone have a recommendation for a breeder of this breed? They would have to put up with several questions, such as detailed health tests and information about the line of the parent dogs. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh, and while we would ideally like to stay closer to home, we are not opposed to driving South for the right breeder, even as far as Georgia, since I have family there.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I do not have a recommendation . You are driving a long way to get a dog. I also love those little dogs.

OK, this is about as off topic as I get. My labs are getting old and have some health issues, with the older one turning 13 in August. Sadly, the reality is that they are living on borrowed time. My wife really loves Bostons, especially after meeting our neighbors rescued Boston. We have been researching the breed and have come to the conclusion that finding a good breeder is either expensive or just plain difficult. There is a significant amount of health testing that needs to be done with purebred Bostons (we have decided that we will not go the rescue route, although we love the idea). Does anyone have a recommendation for a breeder of this breed? They would have to put up with several questions, such as detailed health tests and information about the line of the parent dogs. Thanks in advance.

I don’t know about specific Boston breeders but I can tell you that from my past experience (before anyone really knew what they were) with Rottweilers any good reputable breeder will ask you more question than you can imagine. If they don’t ask or only seem interesting selling a puppy they really don’t care how their puppy will be looked after during it’s life span. Best to move on in that case.

I don’t know about specific Boston breeders but I can tell you that from my past experience (before anyone really knew what they were) with Rottweilers any good reputable breeder will ask you more question than you can imagine. If they don’t ask or only seem interesting selling a puppy they really don’t care how their puppy will be looked after during it’s life span. Best to move on in that case.
Wise words. That has been our experience as well. We found one breeder that is excellent, but not cheap. While we may go with her, because of a comfort level, the pups are double the price of others. However, she is very detailed regarding the health testing.

I do not have a recommendation . You are driving a long way to get a dog. I also love those little dogs.
I always made fun of little dogs, but I have had a change of heart lately, especially after a few visits with my neighbor's Boston. I have also had cats in the past. I had always wanted a lab, have two, but I am ready to have a pup that can travel with us and that I don't have to keep off the couch.

Top Bottom