What's new

BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin

Raven Koenes

My precious!
BOSC Warriors vs The Roedter 1909 (Final Shave)
View attachment 1287825
Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano (6 and retired)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

Passes: 1xWTG+1xATG on my face, 1xWTG+1xATG on my neck, 1xXTG on my jawline plus minor touch-up.

Standard notes for the Roedter 1909:
Used a steep angle with very (very) minimal (really close to zero) pressure.

This razor sings. Lots of audible feedback. Not surprising since the blade has very little support. I really took my time and focused on everything: No pressure, maintaining a steep razor angle, short basic strokes, patience, wore my glasses.

Results: Smooth face. Minor irritation around my Adam's apple. Two weepers.

Decent shave. :cool:

Overall notes and impressions of my 1909 carry the following caveat: My comments are appropriate to my Roedter 1909 which has fairly even blade exposure on both sides and does not impart any weird "kinks" in the blade.

Huge thanks to @Raven Koenes for embarking on this BOSC journey with me! You Rock, Rave! :punk:

Call the question: After six daily shaves in a row, how does the Roedter 1909 fit into my razor hierarchy? Well.....The 1909 is super efficient, and I do mean super efficient. There is a lot of blade exposed and not a lot of blade support. In my opinion, trying to use a shallow or neutral angle is asking for nicks, cuts, weepers and irritation. Using a steep angle, the Open Comb gave some protection and allowed me to cut whiskers without shredding my face. The tricky areas were around my nose, between my mouth and my jaw and (especially) the Adam's Apple area on my neck.

I am not going to assign the 1909 to any of my rotations (Big Dogs, Runs With The Big Dogs and Doesn't Quite Make the Top Two Rotations But I Still Like It). So where does the 1909 fit? Not a daily driver, but I can see me using the Roedter 1909 on rare occasions as a change of pace.

Should you buy a Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan? No, unless you absolutely have to have the most insanely efficient razor out there and have skin like leather. The exception to this opinion is if, like me, you like to experiment with lots of different razors and are okay spending money on a razor that you will only use on rare/infrequent occasions. ;)

Just my very humble opinion and YMMV. :cool:
Thanks David, I survived my Roedter 1909 with my last shave on Friday. I learned a lot that I related in my aforementioned post. On a side: I did not go out and trim weeds in the lightening. I know better. I've been struck before. :thumbsup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks David, I survived my Roedter 1909 with my last shave on Friday. I learned a lot that I related in my aforementioned post. On a side: I did not go out and trim weeds in the lightening. I know better. I've been struck before. :thumbsup:

Thank you for coming on the journey! :)

We have visited the Black Gates of Roedter and lived to tell tales and sing songs! :cool:

**On the plus side, I won't have to visit the dermatologist to have any skin tags frozen off of my neck for some time. ;) 🤣

I know that this is an old topic and I got my 1909 somewhere in 2014 from Barbiere Di Figaro, they said it was a limited edition (faulty Fatips) and at some point they got out of stock. Did you guys get a NOS or are they still being manufactured?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I know that this is an old topic and I got my 1909 somewhere in 2014 from Barbiere Di Figaro, they said it was a limited edition (faulty Fatips) and at some point they got out of stock. Did you guys get a NOS or are they still being manufactured?
I bought mine new directly from Scheermes. :)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My guess is Fatip is still unloading defective razors. Mine is an Mk2 that shaves like it was run over by a truck.

They are still available - not sure if that also means manufactured. But still available as Roedter 1909 or Rödter 1909.

Top Bottom