What's new

Borkum Riff Whiskey is....

PRETTY DANG GROSS!!! :thumbdown
Since I started seriously smoking a pipe a few weeks ago I found a local tobacco store that has lots of drug store pouch tobaccos and I have been like a kid in a candy store. As I perused the available selection today my eyes stumbled on a package of Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey pipe tobacco. Being an ex-navy man the ship on the label drew my attention quickly. Nice package, fine description... all looked good.

So I get it home and load it up in my humble Doc Grabow filter pipe. This is where things went wrong.

In my 25 years as a tobacco consumer I have never tasted a nastier product. The best thing I can say about Borkum is that it is consumable by fire. I detected zero Whiskey flavor... all I got was nasty, bland, sour cigarette taste. I had to empty my pipe outside in the yard.

I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. :001_rolle

I had a similar experience with Smokers Pride natural, smelled really nice in the bag. The taste reminded me of when I would chew on the leather ties of my baseball glove out of nervous habit, horrible aftertaste. I definately got what I paid for.

I had a similar experience with the Borkum Riff awhile ago. It'll be some time before I'll be convinced to try it again.

I'm sure it's good to some folks, it sells pretty well, but I don't think I'm one of them at this time in my pipe smoking journey.

I loved their story & the description of their whiskey blend was so ... wow. I bought it believing that it was going to be great. UGHH !! I was going to add it to the cat box but, I thought of how my cat might seek revenge while I was at work. Sooooo.... I just added it as a highlight to a gift. That I re-gifted. For the office. He's more of an acquaintance then a friend. Or even a pal for that matter. Oh well.

Top Bottom