What's new

Boozy, amber, tobacco - Need recommendation!

'Afternoon guys. I'm looking for a boozy, amber, tobacco ish fragrance. I sampled Parfums de Marly Oajan and Herod. While I certainly would purchase both I'm not terribly fond of the pricetags, moreso with Oajan which I liked better of course, I could stomach Herod.

So can anybody recommend something boozy ( I love boozy), with a healthy dose of amber, maybe even a little vanilla, and some tobacco goodness?

EDIT: I will say 1 or two of the Histoires de Parfums have popped up on my radar as well as Mugler Havanae and Pure Malt I think

Last edited:
Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars. Very nice fragrance, Not the best soap but the scent is great. I hear the splash is the same as the soap.

When think boozy and sweet, think Derby Chop Shop although not tobacco. It is a sophisticated, gentlemanly scent reminiscent of a time long past. Whilst certainly neither Southern nor gentleman but unabashedly roguish, imagine Rhett Butler would wear it exclusively. Know you have tried everything but curious if this might have slipped by being without pedigree?

Last edited:
When think boozy and sweet, think Derby Chop Shop although not tobacco. It is a sophisticated, gentlemanly scent reminiscent of a time long past. Whilst certainly neither Southern nor gentleman but certainly roguish, imagine Rhett Butler would wear it exclusively. Know you have tried everything but curious if this might have slipped by being without pedigree?
I'm exploring different genres of scents. I was routing through my extensive samples and came across Layton so I picked up some more Parfums de Marly samples and Oajan was pure love at 1st sniff so I want to explore the boozy, amber and tobacco vein.

I dont want to have to make the choice of a bottle of Oajan or Declaration knot, don't ask me to do it because I just cant! Seriously though, putting out some feelers to see if theres anything a bit cheaper

Thierry Mugler Pure Malt does the boozy thing very well at a moderate price point - recommended!

You mentioned Pure Havane and Herod (both Tobacco accords) - I own Havane, but after sampling Herod, I wish I'd spent the money for it instead. While Havane is nice, Herod is pretty dang incredible.

I don't know if it has amber, but C&S Cuba is an awesome boozy tobacco. I also enjoy A*men Pure Havane. I'd rather have a Declaration brush than either, however...

Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive
Boozy and not overly sweet with a touch of leather,for me it has been great in our cold weather.Not all the notes you are looking for but is worth a sniff IMHO.

Boozy and tobacco??? 18.21 Man Made Sweet Tobacco Spirits might just be what you're looking for.
18.21300.jpg

'Afternoon guys. I'm looking for a boozy, amber, tobacco ish fragrance. I sampled Parfums de Marly Oajan and Herod. While I certainly would purchase both I'm not terribly fond of the pricetags, moreso with Oajan which I liked better of course, I could stomach Herod.

So can anybody recommend something boozy ( I love boozy), with a healthy dose of amber, maybe even a little vanilla, and some tobacco goodness?

EDIT: I will say 1 or two of the Histoires de Parfums have popped up on my radar as well as Mugler Havanae and Pure Malt I think
Ever tried anything by the house of Frapin? It is worth exploring. Speakeasy might be right up your alley, as it contains notes of rum, tobacco, and amber. 1270 and L'Humaniste are also fantastic, but might not be what you are looking for based on your topic.

Beyond that, By Kilian's Straight to Heaven has a nice boozy vibe to it, and Xerjoff's Naxos is the best tobacco in the game IMO - think high quality Pure Havane. Neither of these are cheapies for sure, but all of these are amazing.

So many options
Frapin has several options but they are also pricey.
What is your price range? Under $100 or $50? Give me a range and I will do through what I have tried myself and do some research.
I am also a big fan of boozy scents!

So many options
Frapin has several options but they are also pricey.
What is your price range? Under $100 or $50? Give me a range and I will do through what I have tried myself and do some research.
I am also a big fan of boozy scents!
I'd prefer to stay under $150, no more than $200, I know many of the niche houses are not discounted anywhere and can quickly go over the $200 mark. That being said, if I can sample it and I like it "that much" I might still be inclined to make a purchase above my $200

Ever tried anything by the house of Frapin? It is worth exploring. Speakeasy might be right up your alley, as it contains notes of rum, tobacco, and amber. 1270 and L'Humaniste are also fantastic, but might not be what you are looking for based on your topic.

Beyond that, By Kilian's Straight to Heaven has a nice boozy vibe to it, and Xerjoff's Naxos is the best tobacco in the game IMO - think high quality Pure Havane. Neither of these are cheapies for sure, but all of these are amazing.
Thanks! I will be looking into these tonight.

I love pure malt, but one to look at is Replica Jazz Club, if you want a unique tobacco and sweet scent sample CK One men Shock

Top Bottom