What's new

Boots #4 shaving brush??

Have any of you fellas ever heard of, or used one of these brushes?

It is a Boots number four.

At least, that is what it says.

proxy.php

There was one of these brushes for sale on Ebay last week, unused and complete with it's original box. It finally sold for £26, if I remember rightly.

Looks like an average pure badger shaving brush - while it may have some nostalgic/collector value, from the looks of it, its a very average brush (which is what you'd expect for a drugstore branded brush).

From a performance perspective, i'm betting that you can easily buy a comparable or better brush for 26 pounds.

Still an interesting piece of shaving memorabilia - thanks for posting the picture!

When it first appeared on the bay it was $0.99. It was something that I had not seen, so I wanted to ask the experts. Upon further research I found out that they are mediocre at best.

I actually wanted to buy this brush to add to my small collection of 'antiques' which I keep for display purposes only (I have some Ever Ready's from the 30s, an old orange Simpson's, an un-named huge yellow bakelite job! etc), but had already committed to spending my savings on a Chubby 3. Once the bidding went over £5, I knew I was out. I was suprised at the price it eventually reached. Still, I would have liked to have had that one! I hope it's giving it's new owner pleasure!

By the way, I'm not married. But my girlfriend indulges me and listens attentively as I excitedly describe all my latest shaving acquisitions. She actually likes some of the shaving mugs I buy! Mind you, it's my own money I'm spending on this stuff!

By the way, I'm not married. But my girlfriend indulges me and listens attentively as I excitedly describe all my latest shaving acquisitions. She actually likes some of the shaving mugs I buy! Mind you, it's my own money I'm spending on this stuff!

That will change in a heartbeat if you get married :biggrin:

I think the brush in question is was actually made by Simpsons possibly.

I think from looking at a recent Simpsons catalogue it showed that symbol to be one that they have used for branding on Boots brushes in the past. If I remember rightly there is an online shop in the US that has an online version of that catalogue too. :001_smile

Top Bottom