What's new

Bootlegger's Sampler PIF---*Winner*

Wow, that's a generous PIF: bay rums - Bootleggers mixes, Dominica, Captains Choice, and all the other goodies.

Thanks again August, Rob, and everyone!

proxy.php

I tried the Bootleggers Arctic Lime today. Goes on nice n bright and limey, the bay rum serving as a quiet counterpart, with that minty chill offering a nice bracer. I shpritzed a fair amount on, and had good nose full for my ride to work. By mid morning it was almost undetectable, although I got a few whifs even into early afternoon -- very light, clean, fresh. This is clearly a warm weather fragrance, in my book. My first bay rum with lime -- I like it. Makes me think of Key West -- to which I've never been, but I like Key Lime Pie, which, for some reason, it reminds me of.

I tried the Bootleggers Arctic Lime today. Goes on nice n bright and limey, the bay rum serving as a quiet counterpart, with that minty chill offering a nice bracer. I shpritzed a fair amount on, and had good nose full for my ride to work. By mid morning it was almost undetectable, although I got a few whifs even into early afternoon -- very light, clean, fresh. This is clearly a warm weather fragrance, in my book. My first bay rum with lime -- I like it. Makes me think of Key West -- to which I've never been, but I like Key Lime Pie, which, for some reason, it reminds me of.

Glad you enjoyed it.

:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Today I tried the Bootleggers Lime. Better, in my opinion, for cold weather, when the menthol seems overchill. The bay rum scent is a bit more prominent, while the lime still provides a bright top note. I put it on 90 minutes ago, and still smell it clearly. Goes on lightly, brightly, and stays so. My rating: Yo ho ho!

In the middle of the NYC subfreezing January temperatures and parched air, Bootlegger's extra moisture is much appreciated. In general, after shaving and rinsing I first put on an ASB or unscented facial moisturizer on top of which I'll slap/spray on aftershave/eau de toilette/cologne -- I'm a big fan of moisturizing, year round, and especially during the dry and dessicating winter. Probably the most moisturizing bay rum I've tried yet was the eBarbershop Classic Bay Rum I bought for my dad, which has lanolin in it! That I found to be a very soothing, moisturizing, long-lasting bay rum, which never struck me as tacky, mixed with a classic lightly spiced bay rum aroma with real bay oil. That starts at $10/7.5oz (but do spend $2 for the classier glass lock-top bottle). So, now I'm curious to try the Masters Bay Rum, for its higher glycerin content. I'm also reminded by yesterday's Arctic Blast that I need to check out the fragrance of osage rub alone.

Thanks again, August West and OkieStubble for the ongoing bootlegged bay rum explorathon!

Last edited:
...So, now I'm curious to try the Masters Bay Rum, for its higher glycerin content. I'm also reminded by yesterday's Arctic Blast that I need to check out the fragrance of osage rub alone.

Have you found Masters Bay Rum in NYC? I tried Pasteur this past Tuesday, but they don't seem to carry Masters any more.

Have you found Masters Bay Rum in NYC? I tried Pasteur this past Tuesday, but they don't seem to carry Masters any more.
No, I haven't really looked yet for it.

Today I tried the Bootleggers Perfecto. Wow, my favorite thus far. That bit of tobacco really works for me. I love Tabac and have a bottle of the cologne I can't get enough of -- which is funny, because I don't smoke tobacco, and dislike cigarettes, although I do enjoy the aroma of a quality cigar or pipe being smoked in the vicinity. You're right: it's light and refreshing.

Today I tried the Bootleggers Perfecto. Wow, my favorite thus far. That bit of tobacco really works for me. I love Tabac and have a bottle of the cologne I can't get enough of -- which is funny, because I don't smoke tobacco, and dislike cigarettes, although I do enjoy the aroma of a quality cigar or pipe being smoked in the vicinity. You're right: it's light and refreshing.

My favorite of the Bootlegger's.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

@BarbaGnosa, I am glad to see that you are enjoying the Bootlegger's Collection.

Top Bottom