What's new

Bootlegger's Brigands!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Bootlegger’s Original Bay Rum again today and thru to Thanksgiving. Maybe even Christmas. The wonderful smell wafting up and around my head, makes me want to get the Christmas Tree out of the attack a week early and set it up. :)

509D6C96-A06B-4553-A93E-E336BA01D363.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Blue
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Maison du Barbier Synthetic
Soap: L’Occitane Cade
AS: The one that started it all, Bootlegger’s Original Bay Rum.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
The wonderful smell wafting up and around my head, makes me want to get the Christmas Tree out of the attack a week early and set it up.

View attachment 1558319

Razor: Gillette Blue
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Maison du Barbier Synthetic
Soap: L’Occitane Cade
AS: The one that started it all, Bootlegger’s Original Bay Rum.
Might as well, my friend. The holidays come and go so fast anyway. I may splash a little Original Bay Rum on the Christmas cards I send out this year. :001_smile

Eric_75

My face is still pretty smooth this morning after a very efficient shave with my Era OC/L4 yesterday afternoon.

Non-shave day, after shower - Original Bay Rum

Happy Thanksgiving, friends! :001_smile

Eric_75

Went with Green Freeze this afternoon. There's no reason to not use this even in cooler weather. A pleasurable experience is worth repeating over and over again, gents. :001_smile

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Went with Green Freeze this afternoon. There's no reason to not use this even in cooler weather. A pleasurable experience is worth repeating over and over again, gents. :001_smile

Just be careful walking outside too soon in frigid weather. Don’t want to get frostbite on the face. :)

I mixed up 2 bottles and have been basically bathing in Original Bay Rum for the last 6 weeks. There was still around 6 ounces of each component leftover, so I had my eye on Lime Bay Rum but then I came across a glass Pinaud bottle at an antique shop. I transferred the not-yet-mixed 6 ounces of VIBR I had leftover into that bottle, transferred the label, and superglued a Tabasco cap inside the Pinaud cap, and it's so perfect that I'll now have to get 6 more ounces of VIBR to make LBR.

So, I decided to move forward with an EL Dorado mixture instead and set aside the yellow/green Avon Apothecary bottle for Spring when I'll pick up more VIBR and the Citrus Musk.

The 3.4 ounce bottle of EL arrived last week. This is my first experience with EL and I've gotta say, it's not my favorite.

The Special Reserve arrived yesterday, so I mixed 1.5 ounces of EL and 3 ounces of Special Reserve into two brown Avon Apothecary bottles yesterday. That bottle of Special Reserve definitely has that skunky note.

Today the Classic Vanilla arrived, and I tossed the last 3 ounces into each bottle, so now I've got two 7.5 ounce bottles brewing.

The skunkiness is ever-present and doesn't seem to want to dissipate, so I'm gonna keep shaking the bottles and patiently check every day until the juice rights itself in the glass.

Fingers-crossed.

I mixed up 2 bottles and have been basically bathing in Original Bay Rum for the last 6 weeks. There was still around 6 ounces of each component leftover, so I had my eye on Lime Bay Rum but then I came across a glass Pinaud bottle at an antique shop. I transferred the not-yet-mixed 6 ounces of VIBR I had leftover into that bottle, transferred the label, and superglued a Tabasco cap inside the Pinaud cap, and it's so perfect that I'll now have to get 6 more ounces of VIBR to make LBR.

So, I decided to move forward with an EL Dorado mixture instead and set aside the yellow/green Avon Apothecary bottle for Spring when I'll pick up more VIBR and the Citrus Musk.

The 3.4 ounce bottle of EL arrived last week. This is my first experience with EL and I've gotta say, it's not my favorite.

The Special Reserve arrived yesterday, so I mixed 1.5 ounces of EL and 3 ounces of Special Reserve into two brown Avon Apothecary bottles yesterday. That bottle of Special Reserve definitely has that skunky note.

Today the Classic Vanilla arrived, and I tossed the last 3 ounces into each bottle, so now I've got two 7.5 ounce bottles brewing.

The skunkiness is ever-present and doesn't seem to want to dissipate, so I'm gonna keep shaking the bottles and patiently check every day until the juice rights itself in the glass.

Fingers-crossed.
Breen, I think you're going to be very pleased with El Dorado. Like you I had never tried English Leather and thought Classic Vanilla and Special Reserve were just okay. Together they are dynamite.

Top Bottom