What's new

Boomerang throwers?

I usually wound up breaking one before I got good enough. :batman:

I do throw atlatl, though.

How heavily are you into it @6Cuda6? Do you hunt or compete? Is your goal more to strike a target or throw to have it return right to you?

I have a pretty good collection of fast catch, long range, MTA and just general sport rangs.....the fun is to tune them and see if they can perform like intended, so if its supposed to do a 200 yard circle i try to attain that etc...

I also have a few really odd ones like made out of aluminum, carbon fiber etc.....they are a challenge to catch as they fly high and fast....

Sadly over the years i stopped competing as my job travel is just to high.....

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I haven't had a boomerang since I was a kid. It was a plastic one but I got to where I could catch it on return. I think I had a wooden one once.

Kinda like a frisbee that if you threw it right it would come back to you.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I threw them professionally, for a time. Sort of. :001_rolle

I worked at a farm stay resort, cowboying for tourists, amongst other things. I did farm and bar work, but (mostly international) guests would stay and we would show them whip cracking, sheep shearing, take them horse riding, and throw boomerangs, etc. Think the movie City Slickers, but Australian.

Needless to say, I would spend a lot of time fetching boomerangs off the stables roof.

All fun, but I prefer a frisbee.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I usually wound up breaking one before I got good enough. :batman:

I do throw atlatl, though.

How heavily are you into it @6Cuda6? Do you hunt or compete? Is your goal more to strike a target or throw to have it return right to you?

Wow; me too!

'Rangs. A happy memory; living near a golf course, I'd throw one frequently around dusk.

The, ah, song referenced above:

Bing video

AA

Top Bottom