What's new

Bonsai Bay Rum Tree as a source of leaves for DIY Aftershave Recipe?

Hello friends,

I am getting into the bonsai pastime and was wondering if anyone attempted to contain a Pimenta Racemosa indoors? Even if the growth is not an issue, I'd like to try to make it into a bonsai for my studio apartment. Granted it takes years to grow but I am about to purchase a tree online in a 6" pot and figured it could be an addition to the other plants I'm considering. If any of you have done this, is it more difficult than other trees? I am located in Southern California so I doubt the temperature would be an issue. I am going to do more research but this idea is something I figured I'd share.

All you need are a few leaves for each batch of aftershave, which should last long enough for the leaves to regrow, given that I don't mess up. If it's a perpetual source of the leaves, I would imagine it would save me time and money. The recipe is below, and step-by-step details are available via a quick online search.

• 4 Ounces Vodka
  • 2 Tablespoons Jamaican Rum
  • 2 Dried Bay Leaves
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
  • 1 Stick of Cinnamon, broken in pieces
  • Fresh Zest from a Small Orange

If any of you are interested, I can update you all in this thread regarding my future efforts.

Top Bottom