What's new

Bonfire scent?

Eben Stone

Staff member
I've been searching for some shave soap that smells like a bonfire. I am aware of these:

Stirling Texas on Fire
TTFFC Through the Fire
Van Yulay Khaleesi

I've tried the TTF and at first I thought I loved the scent, but for some reason the more I used it the more the scent smells too musky for me.

I'm considering the Texas on Fire, but IME Stirling scents are very hit or miss. Ex: Bergamot and Lavender smells wonderful. But Ozark Mountain (aftershave) does not smell like pine trees as all to me. It smells like chemicals. Kinda hard to explain. Very artificial scent to me.

I prefer vegan, but I'm willing to try anything.

I've been searching for some shave soap that smells like a bonfire. I am aware of these:

Stirling Texas on Fire
TTFFC Through the Fire
Van Yulay Khaleesi

I've tried the TTF and at first I thought I loved the scent, but for some reason the more I used it the more the scent smells too musky for me.

I'm considering the Texas on Fire, but IME Stirling scents are very hit or miss. Ex: Bergamot and Lavender smells wonderful. But Ozark Mountain (aftershave) does not smell like pine trees as all to me. It smells like chemicals. Kinda hard to explain. Very artificial scent to me.

I prefer vegan, but I'm willing to try anything.
A sample size of Texas on Fire might be a good idea. I think PAA has a fire/smoke scent but I forget what it's called.

At first I couldn't put my finger on it, but I find that the "Texas on Fire" soap smells like my humidor while building lather in the bowl. Not a bad thing. The aftershave splash however smells very smokey, similar to the upwind side of a campfire when first applied but quickly calms down to more of a cedar scent. Not bad things either, definitely a winter scent. I wasn't sold at first but it has definitely grown on me and the wife says it smells manly.

Top Bottom