What's new

Bond James Bond... what fragrance?

Just checked out the Roja Parfums website. I thought £65 for a fragrance isn't that bad...then realised that was for a 7.5 ml sample :eek:. Either the treasury are paying or he is cleaning up at the baccarat table!

No problems.
------------------
"You have a quite hefty expense account, Mr. Bond. This item in particular...."

"That is top secret. I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. Double Zero, you know."

"Ah, I see. Let's move on, Mr. Bond."

Many great fragrances mentioned above. I could see him wearing Creed’s Green Irish Tweed, but I think it came out after the era shown in the initial post, but I could see Bond wearing that scent as I think it would fit his character well.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Southpark is another show that is really funny in German. The specificity of the language applied to the already terse back-and-forth between the characters is fantastic. Nothing quite like Eric Cartman ...

1590092803283.png

Regarding GFT Eucris - it's not the relative new and modern cologne that is referenced in the books but rather the older Eucris hair dressing which is a total different scent than the cologne and the Floris 89 cologne isn't, as far as I know, not mentioned at all in the books but it's been speculated that it was Ian Flemmings favourite scent at the Floris boutique which he often frequented.

Well, Moore and Connery were both known to wear Jicky by Guerlain, which is an aromatic citrus with undertones of wood and vanilla and lavender. Oddly, it's commonly known as a woman's scent. But then again, Frank Sinatra liked lavender too. Something tells me that these guys understood how to use a scent. Maybe if the purpose of cologne is to attract women, it means wearing a fragrance that is attractive to women rather than attractive to ones-self. It might create an approachable aspect to counter-balance the intimidating vibe that famous men (like James Bond and silver-screen-heroes) exude. The tameable beast, the winnable prince, the fixable rogue. Lore and literature have built on this trope for centuries - there must be something to it.

Hmmm..... I bet there's some kind of 'Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey' lesson in there somewhere.

But, that being said, I think I prefer Millesime Imperial, and as Harrison Ford and Pierce Brosnan are known to wear it... well, it's not like either of those gents were "B-listers" or for that matter had a tough time getting a date. And while we're on the topic - I'm still sore about Brosnan not getting the nod to be James Bond after Remmington Steele wrapped. And c'mon. if it's good enough for Indiana Jones and Han Solo... ;-)
Sinatra liked Yardley Lavender AS and Aqua Lavender Puig, both very dry and medicinal.

Just checked out the Roja Parfums website. I thought £65 for a fragrance isn't that bad...then realised that was for a 7.5 ml sample :eek:. Either the treasury are paying or he is cleaning up at the baccarat table!
You should commission a bespoke fragrance, excellent value for money.

Regarding GFT Eucris - it's not the relative new and modern cologne that is referenced in the books but rather the older Eucris hair dressing which is a total different scent than the cologne and the Floris 89 cologne isn't, as far as I know, not mentioned at all in the books but it's been speculated that it was Ian Flemmings favourite scent at the Floris boutique which he often frequented.
I thought it was just Eucris foam bath in the books. An espionage agent would never wear a scent. My PA could smell me 40 feet away when I favoured Joop.

Top Bottom